Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

Hi 

I've got an iPhone4s that was sent away for repair and couldn't be so issued with a new phone.  The number is the same, but a new microsim was issued.  

All is working fine outside, although it is not connecting to the sure signal box - what do I need to do?  The other phone worked fine on the sure signal just this one is not connecting 

Jenny

Thanks for the response. Curious but after several factory resets last night, the phone seems to have a good signal today. I will monitor it and report back. The problem was wtih my number not the additional one.

cheers

stu outhwaite

Any Vodafone reps going to answer queries????????????

Never mind - I've resolved it myself

Hi silverfocks and MrsHavenWarrior

I'm really happy to hear that everything is up and running for you now.

Let me know if you need anything else and we'll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne

my SS serial is: 21196941047 the number attached to it that isnt on my account and ends 805 has just had a msim swap done yesterday. could you re-sync the SS for me please as the sim still wont connect.

Do your store teams know of this issue? and if so shouldnt they be telling customers to re-sync the SS as this is really fustrating due to the poor signal in my area

regards

Jay

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi av4tar,

Whilst they are aware that a SIM card change can affect the connection with the Sure Signal for a short time, in many cases the most needed is a simple factory reset of the box.

I have resynched the sure signal now, so can you please try a factory reset for me to ensure this is picked up?

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

---------------------------------------------------------

pc99pc - Great news! thanks for letting us know!:smileyhappy:

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

Please ignore, problem now resolved

Hi, you can cancel the above request as a reset has done the trick. :smileyhappy:

Just got a new iphone 5 today - can't connect to sure signal.  I called 191 and aparently had the SS re synched then hard reset although i wasadvised wrongly how to do it! - still not picking up new phone (Changed from Micro Sim to Nano Sim).  grateful if you could force a resync, serial number of my SS is 21222164879

Thanks

Geoff