Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

mrsmurrell
2: Seeker
Hi Tech Team, I've just got an iPhone 5 and see from the various posts that changes can affect sure signal, which has happened to me. Have tried to edit user etc, etc but with no luck. My serial number is 21231988086 and hope that you can work your magic to fix the problem! Thanks

Hi Jenny, unfortunately that hasn't resolved the problem - I can still attach successfully to my own SureSignal but not the one in our office (40112531302).  I've checked in my Vodafone account that my number is registered on both SureSignals (which it is) and we've performed a factory reset on the SureSignal here (as per your instructions).

My original SIM worked fine on both units.  It took a resync of my own unit to get it to work but that's not worked on this one.  What's the next step?  Is there anything you can check or any more information you need from me to help diagnose the problem?

Mehdriod

Hi ,

Same problem here. After getting the iphone 5 for my second number can't connect to singal sure anymore. The serial number is 21230516375 . Please re-sync or advise. I tried all the reset things.

Cheers,

Mehdriod

Mehdriod

Thanks alot Phil. I just got coneected.

Hi iv been away visiting family while i was away i had a sim update done ( normal sim ) since iv been back i cant get a signal with my sure signal it worked fine with the last sim i used? serial no is 21230673762 hope you can help.

many thanks

Hi Phil, just to let you know that I've sorted this, having spoken to Vodafone 2nd line support this morning - they issued another resync and at the same time we powered off and reset the Sure Signal.

This time it came back up within an hour and the SIM now registers to it.  Oddly they couldn't see any evidence of the previous resync attempt.

Thanks for looking into it anyway.

Please can someone reset my Suresignal, signal the serial number of SS is 40110558315.

Thanks

Hi Phil, all seems to be working fine now. One very happy customer here! Thank you

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bulldog, yellowyellow and broutledge,

I’ve just resynced your Sure Signal for you all. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know how you go on.

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.

Hi alanlait and mrsmurrell,

Thanks for the updates, it’s great to know your Sure Signals are now working correctly for you. If you do need any assistance in the future, you know where we are.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew, you are a star, it's working great now - in fact I didn't even need to reset the box, it just started working again. Really appreciate your help with this after being online to Vodafone chat support last night for 90 minutes with no solution. Thanks very much. Happy customer!