Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

ernie29
4: Newbie

Guys,

I have a new phone, but I cant get it to work with my SureSignal box. My Sure Signal box is a Alcatel-Lucient 9361 Home Cell (serial number 40114655091). I was the owner of the SureSignal box, but read on another thread that I would have to pass ownership of the box to someone else on my SureSignal list. I did that, de-registered my number and added it back in to the SureSignal list. I got both confirmation emails from Vodafone (one noting the number was removed, then next it was added back in). I removed the battery and powered on. No joy. I have tried this a few times over the last 24 hours. No joy. The other two phones are woking just fine. From what i can see, a resync from your end might me needed.

Can you help me out please?

5 REPLIES 5

AllieHardy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

this is what i need aswell but getting nowhere fast !

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Sorry, Matt. After reviewing my post I realise i missed an important fact. The other two phones on my Sure signal box are working just fine. It is only the one that I changed (which has a new sim card), that wont connect. This proves that the box is working and connected.

I have attached the information you were looking for just in case.

Guys

I assume you have resynced my Sure Signal box. Got home tonight to see 5 bars on my phone :smileyvery-happy:

I tried a call from my mobile and the SureSinal box is definately being used succesfully. I wil leave the call open for a couple of days just to make sure it sticks.

Thanks

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ernie29,

Thanks for the heads up! Chances are the new SIM just took a little longer to register than normal. Obviously if it drops off again, feel free to pop an update in this post for our team. I'm glad to hear all is tickety-boo in the meantime. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben