Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

All working now. Many thanks. 

Nick

Please can you resync as new nao sim not connecting

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @johneo 

Please follow the steps Laura has provided above. If you need steps on how to do that, please take a look at our Sure Signal trouble shooting guide.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hiya,

As per all the other posts I too have recently upgraded my phone and it has a new micro sim which won’t connect to my VSS, mines a Mk1

serial number is :- 21197087352

I had the same trouble with my other phone which has a nano sim but I eventually got that one to work after de-registering the VSS then re-registering, however it’s been a week now and I still can’t get this new one to connect despite carrying out all the actions described in this thread, I’ve

De-registered the number and re attached it

De-registered the number waited 6 hours then tried again for 24 hours and re attached it

De-registered the VSS and re-registered it

De-registered the VSS and waited 6 hours then tried again for 24 hours and re-registered it

I’ve tried the sim in a different phone too

All to no avail is there anything you can do your end one of your re-sync’s maybe, before I go back into the shop and ask for a new sim, the four other phones registered to the VSS all work and connect fine.

Thanks

Ian

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Fozzai 

You’ve followed all the correct steps.

With the other numbers working ok, please double check in your network settings that your 3G is turned on.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi,

Just a quick update around the other issue I had with reference to the data connection issues caused by the Samsung Galaxy S4 latest maintenanc​e release - see here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Latest-Vodafone-news/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Latest-maintenance-release/m-...

I had a bit of time this weekend and did a factory reset (after backing-up my settings) of the Samsung S4. Sure enough my data services are now working again (my Sure Signal is still working after the reset as well). I have also switched-off automatic maintenance updates for the S4 in the 'about' menu. I noticed that the Vodafone Contract APN has re-appeared (rather than the previous blank list). I guess this is why data is now working. MMS messaging also appears to be working and using the data connection.

So, there there is a workaround (if you don't mind the effort of re-installing) and I will wait for Samsung to provide a proper maintenance release/hotfix for the APN issue.

Thank you,

Richard

Fozzai
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
3g is selected, the phone connects to 3g when I go into town.

Hi Gemma,

As mentioned earlier the phone is selected for 3g and it will connect when i'm in the town it just wont connect to my VSS, if I search for the network manually with the phone it will find Vodafone 3g but when i try and connect the phone which is a Nokia Lumia 635 it says 'cant connect' when i tried the sim in a different phone it too found the Vodafone 3g signal but when i tried to connect it the message came back 'this sim is not registered for this network'

I did go into the local Vodafone shop in town but they couldn't help but suggested speaking to you guys who could make sure it's registered properly with the sure signal.

Ian

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Fozzai,

I understand you’ve done this previously, please de-register your Sure Signal and wait 24 hours.

After 24 hours, please re-register it and once you’ve added the number to your account, please turn your phone off and on.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hiya Gemma,

Right i've done as you asked de-registerd the VSS and turned it off for 24 hrs, however the phone does still not connect all the other phones re connected no problem.

The phone just says 'cant connect' when i tried the sim in another phone that had been previously connected it too failed to connect with the error message 'not registered on this network' yet go into town and it works fine.