Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Fozzai 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Please remove your number from the Sure Signal, wait 24 hours, then re-add it. 

If you're the owner, you can transfer the number to someone else in the meantime. 

If this still doesn't work then we'll need to try a SIM swap. You can do this with our Live help team or in store

Thanks, 

Amanda 

Hello Amanda,

I removed the number from the VSS as directed and waited 24 hrs and then re attached it again it still fails to connect to the VSS.

so unless there is anything you can do your end I will go into the Vodafone shop and get a new Sim Card, as you mentioned at the end of your last message.

Ta

Ian

Hi.

Same problem following swap to nano sim card. Someone suggested deregistering the mobile number and then reregistering it using the Manage my SureSignal option on the website. Tried to but keep getting a banner saying "Sorry, there seems to be a problem. We are working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later"  After three days of "try again later" still getting same message.   My VSS number is 40121426403 if you can help please.

Spuditfc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi,

Same as everybody else changed from a micro to a nano sim and sure signal no longer connects with the phone.

I rang 191 who did something to the sure signal box but it still dosent work with the phone and nano sim.

Please help the Serial number is 21196789396

Thanks
Michael.

Hello Vodafone,

Is there anybody there?????

Can you help me with this issue????

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Spuditfc 

You'll need to remove and then re-add your number to the Sure Signal after six hours. 

@Fozzai - Please remove your number from the Sure Signal before getting your new SIM card. 

@chrisalan55 - Live help can arrange this if you're experiencing difficulties. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi Kay,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I cant remove the number as the issue is with number that owns the sure signal box. I can derigister the box

Hello Kay.

Thank you my, problem has been resolved by getting the SureSignal unit re-synchonised. It was a struggle though, as I ended up going through a chain of 8 different people to get it done.

Hi @kay, @Amanda

I got a new Sim card on saturday the number was removed from the VSS and re attached 24 hrs later.

the phone still does not connect to the VSS,

last night whilst yet again trying to somehow get the phone to connect I found an error message in the sure signal history

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is:
javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is:
com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is:
javax.servlet.ServletException
at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)

It does go on and on but the pc i'm using wont let me paste the whole error message.

Can I get my VSS re-synched please that is the only thing not been tried as yet.

my machine number is 21197087352

Ta

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

@Spuditfc – Please de register your Sure Signal and then after 24 hours, re register it, adding the other number as the owner.

@chrisalan55 – I’m glad to hear It’s now resolved.

@Fozzai – I’ve re-synced it for you.

If it’s the one number still not connecting to it, please test the SIM in a different phone.

If this doesn't resolve it, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Thanks,

Gemma