Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

volcomjon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
@beau

But as I am the owner of the devices, I do not see my number in the list to remove, so what now?

I cannot seem to get SS v2 40120247016 going with two brand new Vfone iPhone 5. I have re-registered the device and added the numbers of the 2 vodafone handsets. My Vodafone reports that all is well. Please can Vfone check your end.

@volcomjon

To remove the lead number you'll need to deactivate the Sure Signals and then reregister them again. You can see how to do this here.

@Pitfour1

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

It still seems to be a recocring issue with voadafone sure signal.  I have the same issue now.

My sure signal 2 box s/n 40111013062 was working fine with a micro SIM + HTC phone.  I then upgraded to a nano SIM & a galaxy S7, and ported my number across to the new SIM.  Since then I cannot connect to the sure signal, even when putting the new SIM in the old phone (with the micro SIM surround)

I have done a factory reset on the sure signal, un registered the device & registered it.  Rebooted the phone several times.  Verified the phone is running all the latest s/w - it is (Android 6.0.1, 2nd April patch level)

Pretty sure its at the vodafone end, but as I have no signal in the house, the phone service is pretty useless to me.

If anybody has any brilliant ideas, I would be grateful to hear them, or its a another go with thier support folks

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

By the grace of the great vodafone spirit which inhabits the ether, it now seems to be working.  Quite what cured it I am not 100% certain.  By my guess is forcing a full factory reset and then letting it rest after the ordeal, may have helped. 

For the sake of documentation, and I have a Sure Signal 2 box, this is what I did:

1. Press & hold the reset button; wait until the status lights start to flash, at least 30 seconds

2. Whilst still holding the reset button, pull the power cable.  Wait 10 seconds, then re-insert thye power cable

3. Release the reset button

4. Wait until lights have stablezied, and wait at least another 2 hours

And hey, it now works

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@agdunkley We're glad to hear your Sure Signal is working now. 

Thank you for keeping us updated. 

tompoyntz
4: Newbie
I upgraded my phone and had to have a new SIM card as a result. Now my Suresignal won't recognise my phone.

Please could a resync be forced on my unit (serial number 43162291017)?

Thanks.

Please can you resync Sure Signal serial number 42161753340

Many thanks

Steph

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@tompoyntz wrote:
I upgraded my phone and had to have a new SIM card as a result. Now my Suresignal won't recognise my phone.

Have you removed the number and then added it again?

PWIAC