Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

Moderator (Retired)

Hi bulldog, yellowyellow and broutledge,

I’ve just resynced your Sure Signal for you all. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know how you go on.

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.

Hi alanlait and mrsmurrell,

Thanks for the updates, it’s great to know your Sure Signals are now working correctly for you. If you do need any assistance in the future, you know where we are.

Thanks

Andrew

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

Andrew, you are a star, it's working great now - in fact I didn't even need to reset the box, it just started working again. Really appreciate your help with this after being online to Vodafone chat support last night for 90 minutes with no solution. Thanks very much. Happy customer!

View more options

Hi, I've changed SIM also and my SS has stopped working for a few hours now, Please could you re-sync it, the serial is: 40123681914

rgds,

Marcus Baldwin

View more options

Have 2 phones on account. Have just upgraded old nokia to lumia 920 with new small sim. Now doesn't work with sure signal. Please would you resync the sure signal.

Serial No. is 40120158825.

(have only found this forum through luck, after many hours spent on the phone to vodafone, without this once being suggested).

Thank you so much!

View more options

Hi Andrew

thanks for your help im all up and running again, done the re set and it worked more or less straight away so im happy once more thanks again.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bulldog, 

It's great that you're up and running now Smiley Happy

@ sykick & sallyarnold007, I've resynched your Sure Signal units for you now, reset them and you should be ready to go Smiley Wink

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Paul 

View more options

Thanks Andrew

Works fine how.

Cheers Brendan

View more options

Hi there

Could you please resync  suresignal 40110947781 one of the numbers has switched to micro sim.

Cheers Brendan

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bjrooney,

I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you now, please let me know if you have any problems.

James

View more options

Hello,

Can you resync my sure box too - Serial Number 40120105523 please?

Really looking forward to signal again, I too have spent 4 days and many hours on the phone/chat/email to no avail.

Many thanks for your time in advance :-)

View more options
Hi,
Please resync sure signal 40111129611 as it hasn't worked since I moved to a nano sim.

Thanks,
Michael
View more options
3: Seeker Silver
Hi please could you reset my sure signal number 40110559941 . My girlfriend has changed from iphone 4 to iphone 5 but cannot link to the box.
I have tried taking her number off and putting back on, resetting box etc.
At the moment she has a new phone age can't use.
Thanks if you can help.
Jamie
View more options

I have just bumped into this same problem, (after changing from a standard SIM to a micro SIM on a Galaxy S3), and as I am the Sure Signal owner I could not deregister myself.

However, if you deregister the whole device from your account and then reregister it with the same address and phone number details it will resolve the problem, (without the need for a reset), and you will be up and running in about 5 minutes.

Thanks to everyone here who has highlighted the issue and to the techies who have been helping.   What would be really nice though is if staff in the shops were aware of this problem and warned customers about it when they pick up phones with new style SIMs and if the telephone support staff in Egypt were aware of it.  That way I would not have wasted a couple of hours on the problem last night.

View more options
Thanks bob Evans that worked a treat.
View more options

Unfortunately Bobs method hasn't worked for me :-(

I've had to phone Vodafone up on 191 & yet again the systems are down!

Seems I'm without signal for another week then, remind me again Vodafone, what do I get for my money again??

<brassed off>

View more options

Hmm, that's a shame.

It worked for me as above but it's probably worth doing the obvious and reseting the Sure Signal, reboot the phone (battery pull), and try leaving the Sure Signal unregistered for, say, 30 minutes, (assuming that you haven't done these anyway.

I was told on the phone both last night and this morning that the Sure Signal Application is down at the moment so they don't have accesss to it themselves but once this is back up they should be able to go through the process on demand.   This shouldn't stop it working if you do it yourself as I did this morning.   (Sorry, I know that's no comfort to you).

View more options

Hi Bob,

I've have "hard reset" the device soon after coming off the phone with Voda, hopefully when she comes back online I maybe back in the 21st Century and have signal again. Thanks for your help, it should hopefully get more people up-and-running much quicker than Vodafone can manage. The Sure Signal program has been down since at least Sunday when I first ran into this problem.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi simonjcruse

Firstly, thanks to bobevens for helping out here. His suggestion usually works as a fix. 

If you're still having problems then let us know. The Sure Signal system is up and running for us so if you still can't de-register the number and then re-register it using the Sure Signal dashboard online, contact us via the details I've sent in a PM and we'll be able to help.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

View more options
Please could someone resync mine as I can't login to try the method bob suggested. Serial is 40111129611 and could really do with it back as its been off for a few weeks now.

Thanks
View more options

I have changed SIM card to a Micro SIM. SUre SIgnal is no longer functioning with my phone (the primary one on the account) although it still does with the other numbers registered (all with their original SIMS)

Can somebody please re-sync the Sure Signal? The Serial No is: 40110523624

Many thanks

View more options