Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

I sympathise 100% with what you say about customer service Nathan. The only time I ever got a satisfactory resolution by Customer Services on any problme at all was when the guy on the other end 'tore up the Vodafone rule book on solving problems' and applied his own thinking and initiative, solving, in 5 minutes,  an issue which had been going on for trwo weeks. I would have highlighted him to Vodafone Management, for special praise, but he would probably have got fired for not toe-ing the party line! :smileyvery-happy:

I am also trapped in the Vodafone Femto prison. Such a shame that they have a really neat bit of technology but spoil it by poor support.

timmorris
I'm currently confined to bed, and the only connection I have to the VF network is via my SureSignal. Given the issues reported here will I actually be able to activate the nano-sim when I upgrade to iphone 5 tomorrow? I could always try the other option of filing down my micro-sim to nano size. Please advise on the best course of action.

Tim

timmorris
I really am confined to bed. Given I have 4 VSS devices each with half a dozen users I think a resync is preferable. Is there still the likelihood that I'll need to perform a factory reset? As per my pm I rely on my mobile. My other family members are also due upgrades and I definitely can't get to all the VSSs as they are upstairs. Life would be so much easier if the VSS had an embedded web server :Winking_smiley:

If I have issues I'll post here and PM you. Thanks for the swift response.

If you're confined to bed, I'd go for the option of filing the old sim card down to size while I was sat there! Best bet is not to activate the new sim card until you are able to do the factory resets (or can get someone to do them for you). My Sure Signal isn't in the easiest place to get to and you have to bend double to get down to it. 30 seconds waiting for all the lights to come on whilst holding the button is a long time! You can receive calls and text on your old phone whilst setting up the new phone and using the wifi on it.

I'm having problems with my VSS too, following a SIM change on phone upgrade.  I've followed the advice of other posts by deregistering and reregistering the VSS and I've also tried transferring ownership of the box to my wife, deleting and re-adding my number.  Can you please resync my VSS guys?  Serial number is 21197090794.

Many thanks.

lmarshall82
2: Seeker
Hi. I can no longer pick up a signal on my VSS following change to a nano sim with iPhone 5. This was several days ago so it should have sorted itself by now, but I still can't get a phone signal at home. Phone is picking up 3G elsewhere, just not at home from VSS.

Please can you do a resync? Serial number is 40111628273.

Thanks

timmorris
Of course we see a skewed result on the eforums.

Are any stats kept. Does the VSS always require a resync, or does it pick up the new SIM card in certain cases? I have 4 in total - 2 (1 V1 and 1 V2 reboot cleanly after power cuts, the other 2 need the occasional factory reset.

I suspect that it might possibly have something to do with the connection/settings at Vodafone's end. I had a nightmare getting my now most reliable V2 to configure after rewriting my internal network. I have a 16 port switch, an 8 port switch, 4 Apple Airport Extremes and various wired and wireless devices.

De-registering this errant device and then re-registering it fixed the problem and it hasn't needed any attention since. No need for a factory reset, it automatically went into "configuring" mode instantly.

I still say a simple embedded web server would make configuration and diagnostics so much easier.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your post here.

@ timmorris, If you can let me know your serial number I can re-sync the Sure Signal for you.

@ grizzly72, I have re-synced this for you now.

@ Imarshall82, I have also re-synced yours.

James

lmarshall82
Thanks James, that seems to have solved the problem.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi lmarhsall82,

I'm glad everything is now working for you.  Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks,

Phil