Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

timmorris
James,

My sim didn't arrive today. I'll post my serial numbers when it does. I have a further phone to upgrade later this week.

Why not add resync to the SurdSignal control panel/dashboard?

This certainly does seem to be a generic issue with moving from a standard SIM to a micro or nano.

Sot it would seem a VERY good idea to feed this back to the SS team and the folks who manage the SS dashboard - so that the issue can be highlighted on the SS dashboard and, as Tim suggests, a 'standard procedure' put in place for dealing with it.

That way, when SIM card upgraders run into the problem, they don't have to ferret round in the forums to find a solution.

I'll second that - the customer service and "technical" help staff are clueless. I was told I must have a faulty sim card and travelled to my nearest Vodafone store last Saturday to get a replacement, only to find I had the same problem when I got home. As Nick says, we shouldn't have to ferret around on the forum and the internet to find the solution ourselves. When you ring up they tell you every time to take the back off your phone, take the battery out, take the sim card out and then put it all back together. As if that will solve anything!

timmorris
Another useful improvement which could be rolled out in the next software update would be the inclusion of an embedded web server. I have at least a dozen devices attached to my network and with all of them I can type an IP address or device name into a web browser bar and display status, adjust settings etc. The SureSignals are great when they work - mine next to me has been faultless for months, but it can take days sometimes to fix faults.

Tim

timmorris
Anyone from Vodafone care to comment? It is a good system, with a few improvements you could turn it into a great system.

I got an Iphone 4 today with a micro sim, have reset the VSS several times and switched phone on and off etc, still not picking up signal, any help would be great thanks.

VSS number 21229600537

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts here.

@ timmorris, this is something that we have requested to be added as a re-sync can’t harm the Sure Signal.

@ NickMH, we have already requested for this to be investigated with our back office support teams and the manufacturer to see exactly what is happening as it does seem to be happening quite a lot recently.

@ All, we have also asked for a remote diagnostic tool which would mean that this can be run before posting and with just the serial number we could access all the details we need.

In the end these two options would make things a lot quicker although we now need to play the waiting game.

@ fcroy, I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you now.

James

GeneralProblem
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, could I get my VSS resynced please after getting a new microsim

VSS serial number: 40120922444

Thanks

sykick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I've changed SIM to nano sim and my SS has stopped working for a few hours now, Please could you re-sync it, the serial is: 40123681914

rgds,

Marcus Baldwin

Hi Sykick,

If you get it re-sync'd and that does the trick then fine... but rather than waiting, I strongly recommend you follow the "punter's self help" route and de-register your SS - and then re-register. Works a treat and takes about 5-10 mins and no waiting for VF Tech Team to initiate action.

It's only a bugger if you have loads of phones linked to your SS as you have to input them all again. I have 5 linked which took about 5 mins.