Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working

pcmanning
4: Newbie
Our suresignal has dropped off the network, I've try the usual - reboot, reset etc. no joy. Tried pinging 212.183.133.177 nothing comes back. I've also done a trace route which fails once its reached 85.205.116.6 which I gather from other posts is the edge of your network.

I'm rather guessing that the problem will be at your end - my Ip is with spectrum Internet, 188.164.224.48. Wouldn't be surprised if they've changed their setup, or that since they were added recently to your system, that they've dropped out of your firewall allow lists.

Can you p,Rae investigate?

Cheers
Paul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's been reset several times, even deregistered and reregistered and reset again. Same result each time. My wife will drop it in to the shop next week for repair or replacement.

Paul

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

Wife has had some success with the store people - I think with the older unit we had in the cupboard! So will see what news that brings, other will try the de-register/re-register approach.

cheers

Paul

Update. Wife phoned again rather than visited store. Result is we're trying our old sure signal v1. It's up and running surprisingly, but currently neither of our phones are working with it. Both can now see a vodaphone network, but can't register. I believe this is because both phones are on new sims since this unit was last used, so we need to wait a while for it to catch up?

May try to deregister/reregister the other unit and try to get it working too.

Paul

Suresignal 1 gets further along the process - I've started another thread on that one!

This one, I've de-registered this morning, and will attempt to re-register tonight

Paul

Hi pcmanning,

This is a strange one.

I can see your other thread has been logged and it may take a bit of time for both phone to pick up the Sure Signal due to the SIM changes.

Please keep us updated with any progress.

James

Ok suresignal v2 experiement appears to have failed? De registered it this morning. Re registered it an hour or two later. Brought it home, hard reset it, two white flashing lights for about 10 mins then back to just the power light. So assume that unit is dead?

Suresignal v1 from other thread, still no phone connecting with it at 4:00 or so, so hard reset that one. Flashed a bit and settled after about 15mins with same three lights as yesterday. No signal at all can be seen at present.

Completely stumped now. Wife is fuming - nearly a week with no signal at home. Contract expires very soon, so may decide to put up with poor signal (one room only) from other network if this carries on!

Paul

More running commentary. Just received email saying suresignal v2 now registered (was pending). So have powered it back on. Currently two white lights flashing. Last chance saloon!?

Paul

Lights out again :Sad_face:

Had a message on the suresignal v1 thread saying that had been reset, so swapped over - working! So i think the suresignal v2 must be bust?

In the mean time best close this thread?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The 2 white lights you were seeing on the Sure Signal v2 showed that it was being configured.

Once it’s done so, you should see a solid power light and a solid @ internet light.

If you’re only seeing a power light then it may indicate the unit is faulty.

I’d like to make sure your Sure Signal is as up to date as possible, so I’ve just performed a resync for you.

To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

If the lights don’t change after the reset, and you’re only seeing a power light then it may indicate the unit is faulty.

I can see that your Sure Signal is still under warranty, so you’d be able to send it for repair. You could do this in a store, or we could arrange it for you.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

It's been reset several times, even deregistered and reregistered and reset again. Same result each time. My wife will drop it in to the shop next week for repair or replacement.

Paul