Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working!

JohnReed5
3: Seeker

I've reset it to the factory setting around a dozen times. My wife has rung technical support 3 or 4 times.  First light is on, second light flashes and eventually stays on, fourth light flashes, then eventually all the lights apart from the first one go off, and the cycle repeats itself. Download speed is 10.24 meg, upload 0.99 meg, line quality is A, ping 23ms, jitter 1ms, packet loss 0%. :-(((

The serial number is 21230509958. I've tried a different lan cable, differnt hub, different ports, different locations, but nothing works. Tried a fixed IP address, tried deregistering and reregistering it. I've spent days trying to get this to work!

Please Help

6 REPLIES 6

JohnReed5

Speed test2.jpg

Ping2.jpg

IP2.jpg

Trace.jpg

I've reset it to the factory setting around a dozen times. My wife has rung technical support 3 or 4 times. First light is on, second light flashes and eventually stays on, fourth light flashes, then eventually all the lights apart from the first one go off, and the cycle repeats itself. Download speed is 10.24 meg, upload 0.99 meg, line quality is A, ping 23ms, jitter 1ms, packet loss 0%. :-((( The serial number is 21230509958. I've tried a different lan cable, differnt hub, different ports, different locations, but nothing works. Tried a fixed IP address, tried deregistering and reregistering it. I've spent days trying to get this to work! Please Help I've posted this on the forum but no one is bothering to reply

Mine does same poor as hell

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

JohnReed5 - If you've tried it at a different location, with different Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and cables, it sounds like the Sure Signal is faulty.  

You'll need to arrange a repair of it.  

john866903 - I've reponded to your other post.  

Thanks, 

Phil

Phil.

I have not tried a different ISP, by stating I've tried a different location, I meant at home on a different hub.

Do you really expect me to knock on a neighbour's door and ask if I can connect to their network? What kind of technical support is that?

Hi JohnReed5,

This is the only way we can guarantee whether it’s a faulty Sure Signal or router/ISP related.

You could take it to a friend or family member’s to test.

We need to know this has been done before we can arrange a warranty repair.

Thanks,

Simon