Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal system down?

JackDawson
2: Seeker
Is it true that you have a fault at your end at the moment? I can not get signal from my sure signal V1 at all now and it has been reseting it's self all morning. Thanks Jack
3 REPLIES 3

tadgerman

exactly the same problem here. Just what you need when trying to work from home.

User1004

You should try being in Callander where the tower has been " down" since 30th Jan. So they tell me to get a Sure Signal, and offer me a credit to get it as they lost the lease on the tower and have no idea when it will be up again, not a bad punchline unfortunately.

Sure Signal service has been down since early Friday the 21st.

So I drive for an hour return trip to get one at the nearest store, near to what I have no fekin idea.

They tell me all good and easy to install as per the instruction, no indication that the service has been down for 5-6 hours already.

I get back and waste 2+ hours trying to set it up, finally give in and call them when it shows a "router conncetion" error, nice to see there is no "vodafone's network is crap" icon on their service, that should be standard on anything on the Vodafone network now. And after a minute the guy goes from offering advice to being kinda quiet, turns out their Sure Signal network is down, he hinted at globally but not sure if that was his average grasp of the english language and he meant nationally in the UK.

I am apauled by the Vodafone service, their customer relations, and that is from the top down with their CEO and his Cheshire cat smile on his "Campaign - contact the CEO" link on Vodafone's website to the one level of custommer support that can't do jack to help. With everything I have said about Vodafone in my emails to him, there is no way he reads them and didnt pick up the phone to go nuts at me. :Smiling:

Unfortunately I run my business from my phone, and have several linked in around the country, so I could only cancel this due to service and would be stuck with the others and lose the advantage of calling vodafone numbers.

I bet Voda means useless void in some Nordic language, explains their name and service to customers.

Hi guys,

We had some issues yesterday which impacted our services. 

If you're still having issues with your Sure Signal please follow these troubleshooting steps.

Thanks

Ian