Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal to BT home Hub, one fix

Rob001
2: Seeker

Hi All.

Just been helping a friend with his phone problem.

He had very poor signal so changed to Vodafone to get the Sure Signal booster the same as the house next door, as they also had a BT Home hub 3. After several days of calls to vodafone help he still could not get connected.

As he is not a very hitec person he was a bit stuck.

As a last try he phoned the Tech support again when i was there. They finaly said it was the settings from BT that was stopping the Sure Signal from working.

Ok onto BT. Phone them and after some time get there tech help, at a cost of £30 for a 20min fix. For him it was worth it to get sorted. But if you can follow instructions then do it yourself. Some of the port setting need to be altered on the router. I found this of some help

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub/Vodafone_Sure_Signal.htm

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rob001,

Thanks for the information you’ve posted, it may help other customers in a similar situation.

Thanks

Andrew

Rob001
I must say the overseas call centres didn't help and that included BT. Technical words which should be easy to get across are just torture. That and explain "port forwarding" to someone who doesn't know the words.
But job done anyway