Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal v1

john866903
4: Newbie
Hi my sure signal works when it want sometimes connects to phone then it doesn't worked fine before I went away for a few days now this problem maybe I need a update or something
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi john866903,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Gemma

View solution in original position

28 REPLIES 28

Cheers, Ben.

Will test and update you.

Kalpesh

Hi Ben,

Started working after I'd changed the power supply. Strange!

Thanks,

Kalpesh

john866903
Quite a few people with the same problem I'm thinking have you given us a dodgy software update ???

john866903
It will be cheaper for me to leave vodafone it was only since a apparent update that it went faulty

john866903
Well box don't seem to be resetting now but I can't recieve calls make calls or texts when connected to the box no 3G either when people call me they get message when people call me they get message this persons phone is temperelly un available
Please help it's rediculas at least before I could get texts

john866903
Well box started resetting again can't be buying another sure signal box why should we pay 3 contracts then pay another £100 for another box gonna start ringing other providers

john866903
Ok I've had my box working 100% for nearly 2 weeks after you said it was broke now and had a power cut just getting the power light only now does this need a update to get it back on track ?
Thanks

Hi john866903,

When there has been a power cut, this can reset the Vodafone Sure Signal back to factory settings.

Please make sure the port forwarding is correct, and is registered.

For information on which ports need to be open, please see here or let us know which router you have.

Cheers,

Laura

john866903
It's ok I've sorted it yet again. Not being funny but your like a taxi go all round the houses for 4 miles for a 300yrd trip.