cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal v2 not working - no lights at all..

miked1973
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a v2 sure signal, which has stopped working. No lights. Plugged in another power supply and still no lights.

Given that I am using this at home to make up for the lack of signal, I'd appreciate a fix/replacement ASAP.

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @miked1973,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks, 

Kay

There are no power or any activity lights at all, including on the ethernet socket on the device. This indicates that it's a faulty or dead device. The troubleshooting steps do not cover this. No amount of tracerouting will help in this case, as the device does not power up as it's dead.

You've basically given me the first response on a troubleshooting script, without actually reading the email I've sent and considering what the information I've given actually means, including that a dead device does not appear to be in the help situations listed there (some lights, but no troubleshooting steps referring to NO lights, other than to post on the forum, or phone 191 from a vodafone device - difficult given the fact I have no signal).

I'm not going to waste my time on the tracert (btw, asking to run tracert from a cmd prompt is generic. A PC does not always have the cmd prompt - think of linux machines or Apple devices which are Personal Computers otherwise known as PCs..)

Not impressed - am almost certainly going to end my contract due to this, as I have no signal at home, at work, in Lampeter where I spend two weeks with work each year, and at my fathers in Goxhill north Lincs - the lack of coverage in my home town (Oakham) recently meant that I missed my sister trying to tell me my father had died.

The sure signal was a sitcking plaster on the poor coverage issue, and your handling of this problem by supplying a fob off generic trouble shooting tips has tipped the balance.

So, thanks for responding, but could someone actually address the issue?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @miked1973

It does sound like you have a faulty Sure Signal. 

If it's less than 24 months old, see how to arrange a warranty repair.

If it's not in warranty, you can purchase a new one via or online store.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Thanks for confirming this. How do I check if it's under warranty? Other companies allow me to enter the serial number and it automatically confirms this.

I'm reluctant to pay for a new one - I may as well move to another supplier with whom I can get coverage in the places I need it.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@miked1973,

We'll advise you once it's with our repair centre, or our Live help team can check this for you.

DaveCD