Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal v2 system light flashing

Jimmyy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
My sure signal v2 has just its system light flashing. It's been doing it for least 18 hours tried a reset, powering off router etc etc but no joy.. I don't have a computer to hand to give you a trace route (only have my Samsung s3)

Any thoughts?
11 REPLIES 11

Hi Andrew,

Done an off-site test with a friend.  The VSS unit worked fine - all lights as they should be - and the VSS demanded to be registered with yourselves.

Back here we are back to square one, power light flashing, internet off, service and users lights steady orange.

FYI, have just run my broadband speed check a few times and am getting download speeds of 2.0 to 2.4 Mb/s and upload speeds of 1.6 to 1.8 Mb/s

John

Hi johnannes,

Thanks for the update. The fact that your Sure Signal (VSS) works on a different internet connection tends to indicate that there’s a configuration/compatibility issue with your set up.

In most cases, routers support a system called "Universal Plug-n-Play" or UPnP, which will setup port-forwarding for you automatically. If you have a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may be required to enter these settings in manually.

The following details list the IP addresses and Port Numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For detailed instructions on how to do this, we recommend either contacting your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or referring to the Default Guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com

Destination IP Addresses:
212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:
Port 50 - TCP/IP
Port 4500 - UDP
Port 500 - UDP
Port 123 - UDP

Port 8 - TCP/IP

Port 1723 (BT Customers only) - TCP/UDP

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your Router will also need to be able to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS Server address via DHCP.

Check your MTU settings

Find the location of the MTU field. This varies depending on the make and model of router so you’ll need to hunt around for it.

Change the value of the MTU size to 1500, which ensures that data packets aren't lost if the Sure Signal will only handle a smaller size. If this is too high for the router, set this to the highest available level and let us know.

Log out of the router, this will usually result in a reboot.

Perform hard rest of the VSS unit by

Hold in the reset button until all the light go solid

Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

Wait for all of the lights to come on the release the reset button

The VSS will now try to contact the network and download its profile. This may take anything up to 6 hours.

If this is unsuccessful for you, I’d recommend contacting your ISP/router manufacturer for further assistance.

Thanks

Andrew