Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal version 1 3 days without signal

airgriffin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Past 3 days i have had no signal from my sure signal 1 , despite trying all the things vodafone sugest to trouble shoot i still have no signal. purchased a new cable, tried different router , different room, forward and open porting.still no luck and the operators have been nothing but dissapointing and have spoken to me like i was stupid so i am still wthout signal.

any suggestions ????

14 REPLIES 14

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Please go through the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread as this may help you to resolve your issue.  It has links to the key things you can do to try and resolve the issue you are experiencing.  If it doesn't work, make sure you complete the steps in the "issue not listed" section and post the template back here.

PWIAC

I have been through all the trouble shooting steps and then some, to the point of purchasing new cables and a new internet router just to check everything. All settings on broadband router changed as per requested by vodafone, reset done, moved rooms, etc etc

still no luck

thank you

I have been without a phone signal at home due to my sure signal 1 device stopping working for the past 3 days. I have been on the phone to vodafone several times over this time period and every time i get fobbed off with "give it more time" "try and reset" "its your isp".

After being spoken to by Alex (on 3 seperate occasions) at vodafone sure siganl team like i was stupid i became very upset and frustrated at which point i asked to speak to a supervisor , Alex refused to put me through or put me up for a call back because he disagreed with why i wanted to speak to a supervisor, really not his decision to make!

I have explained to vodafone several times that i need telephone communication from home due to the fact i am a carer for my disabled partner and if im at work she is not able to get hold of me. They informed me that would have to pay £400 for a new sure signal, ths is on top of my phone bill and handset price. Because being with them for 12 years and having 5 contracts with them isnt good enough for them to assist in getting me a decent service. What a disapointment that vodafone treats there long term customers like this. Bye Bye vodafone , i will be finding another mobile provider.

drey_p

@airgriffin wrote:

They informed me that would have to pay £400 for a new sure signal, ths is on top of my phone bill and handset price. 

Hi there

A brand new SureSignal costs £100 and you would only need to buy a new one if yours is faulty and is out of warranty.

Please go through the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread as this may help you to resolve your issue.  It has links to the key things you can do to try and resolve the issue you are experiencing.  If that doesn't work, you will need to post the template from the Issue not listed link back here so that the eForum Team can assist you.

PWIAC

RingoC
1: Seeker
I'm having the same issue with my SureSignal 1 on BT Infinity. Like you, get treated as though I've never troubleshooted it before.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@airgriffin @RingoC - Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.
  • Your ping test results from here.
  • Your external IP address from here.
  • The results of a traceroute.
  • Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear.
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Hi, 

Mines another one that's just stopped working (Sunday)

Spoke to tech support and their solution is for me to buy a new one, my issue with that is I am not sure that's going to solve the problem.

If I try and do a traceroute to  212.183.133.177, it only get's to 85.205.0.93 before it get's to 'request timed out'

I even got my ISP (ZEN) to try from their end, does the same for them.

I can't ping that address either (niether can Zen).

Looking at the routers log, every 10 mins it's trying to setup an IPSEC link to  212.183.133.179, followed by VPN-IPsec to the same address.

looking back it's also tried using 88.82.13.177,  212.183.133.131,  212.183.133.177.

I'm going to be pretty upset if I go and spend £100 n a new one for it also not to work...

Can somebody at Vodafone please come back with some definitive answer on what's happened here?

As I am sure is the same with others, we need our phones to work, and were sold Suresignals to make up for lack of Vodafone coverage, yet when we have problems, the answer seens to be wanting us to spend yet more money with Vodafone? - bit rich when I have been a customer for over 30 years....

@Scuffers - When doing the Trace route this will stop automatically when it gets to 85.205.0.93 as this is our IP address and this will be stopped by our security.

We’ll need all the steps between this posted to the thread so we can take a look.

Hi,

with respect, what's the point?

already been though all this with your tech support, they claim the box is faulty (SN 21197144807)

I can't waste more days (and I mean days!) without service, whilst you (corporately) mess me about.

So, I have to go out and spend yet more money on a new one, then go though the pain barrier getting it added to my account etc etc. 

As you can probably tell, if this new one does not work, I am going to be less than a happy bunny.

(As a side note, if your network worked, I would not need one in the first place, and no, I do not live in the highlands or the like).