Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal version 3, 4 light model

bigjon1976
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have been supplied by my company a new sure signal box. It has now been connected for over 3 days but has not connected, I have port forwarded all of the ports as required in my router but to no avail, I have also tried this morning to call your help line but says that it is closed at the moment and reels off times it is open. But just abit confused as it is now 10.40am on a Saturday morning and it should be open..... I think that something is wrong on Vodafones end. Could anyone help?

The box is just flashing the power light all of the time, and lights 3 and 4 are just on constant and orange.

The number on the box is 40123605582.

Thanks,

Jon.

6 REPLIES 6

bigjon1976

Well spoke to someone on online chat due to the phone system still saying closed please call back between the hours of 8-6, funny that as it is......... But hey ho, they have resynced the box and guess what.......... Still nothing.

Any chance of some help here Vodafone???

JK.

Well, so glad to see the response time from Vodafone is just as good as the phone service...... Nil!!! Anybody would think we pay really well for this level of service......

Thanks again.

JK.

Please Vodafone, Any help or advice would really be useful.............................

And still no help or advice from the vodafone tech team on here. What a wonderful place to come for support.

JK

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi bigjon1976,

THanks for your posts and please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you.  We're a very small team and do work all posts in the order that they are submitted.  I've checked your serial number but your device hasn't connected to the network which suggests that there's an issue in the connection. 

Please provide us with the below information and we'll be able to help further. 

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Phil

And then I get a response... I have sent the unit back and your people have convinced me to try another, I will do this and let you know, I had done all of the above myself over the weekend, scanning through all of the other threads about these boxes which do not seem very reliable now. I will post back with the results of the new box.

JK.