Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal version 3

ghod7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Up until the weekend my sure signal was working fine. Now i cannot connect to it and have no signal to call 191

i dont have a landline and need to be able to use my services.

the first two lights are fine however the third light wont come on when i try and make a call

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sventhebrit
4: Newbie
Just in case some having the same problem.
I managed to get mine working yesterday by unplugging the SS, press and hold the reset button on the bottom whilst plugging in (I held reset button for about 15 seconds after plugging in). All lights go out and then after a few seconds I got the Red Power light and then a pulsing white light. It took 2-3 hours to reconnect but after that my 3G was back and all phones connect.
Regards
Steve

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Troubleshooting-Please-read-before-posting/td-p/...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

FAQs : https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/-Signal/

To note the Sure Signal Device comes with a 24 month warranty.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

the link to issues with v3 sure signal and no signal despite have all threee lights on doesnt work.

Can anyone help with this.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ghod7

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

I have the same problem on my Sure Signal v3

S/N 42143913723

It has been working OK for over a year and yesterday none of the phones connect to it.  It has the Red Power Light on and two lights on it, but the phones are not getting a signal from it. When I make a call, the 3rd light does not come on so I know it is not connecting to it.

My iPhone 6S is also reverting to WifiCall whereas it normally connects via the Sure SIgnal.

I know Vodafone frequent these Forums.  Please can you take a look what is going on and advise.

Thanks

Steve

Ref my post above, here are the details for troubleshooting.

My SureSignal appears to connect OK and displays a Red Power Light. The Left and Middle Light are Solid White so it looks like it is operating normally

None of the 5 phones registered to it will connect to it to make a call. The issue was first noticed this morning. I made a call last night around 9pm and I am sure it was working then (as I typiclly have no reception in the house).

Speedtest
Ping: 14ms
Download: 7.74Mbps
Upload: 8.03Mbps

Ping Test
Ping: 31ms
Jitter: 8ms

External IP: 83.167.186.48

SureSignal S/N: 42143913723

Traceroute

C:\Users\Study>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 14 ms 13 ms 19 ms ip-182-2.redrawinternet.com [83.167.182.2]
3 13 ms 14 ms 17 ms awell-sov-rtr1.awellconnected.net [83.167.165.1]

4 13 ms 23 ms 29 ms v219.core1.lon1.he.net [216.66.86.33]
5 23 ms 14 ms 15 ms 10ge2-9.core1.lon2.he.net [72.52.92.222]
6 13 ms 13 ms 12 ms 216.66.84.254
7 15 ms 15 ms 16 ms ae18-xcr1.lnd.cw.net [195.2.24.157]
8 15 ms 14 ms 14 ms ae15-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.114]
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.

Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks

Steve

@sventhebrit

Have you tried connecting the Sure Signal with a new Ethernet cable?

It may also be worth while trying to connecting your Sure Signal in another location, such as a friend or family member's house. You’ll need to leave it connected for at least 24 hours.

sventhebrit
The SS displays the 'connected lights' so it is connected to the Vodafone network, it just isn't sending out a 3G signal (or at least the phones do not see it).

What is the repair process? I will just send it back as it is still under warranty.

Thanks
Steve

sventhebrit
Just in case some having the same problem.
I managed to get mine working yesterday by unplugging the SS, press and hold the reset button on the bottom whilst plugging in (I held reset button for about 15 seconds after plugging in). All lights go out and then after a few seconds I got the Red Power light and then a pulsing white light. It took 2-3 hours to reconnect but after that my 3G was back and all phones connect.
Regards
Steve

sventhebrit
Problem has returned after 3 weeks. The SS v3 shows as ready with the two solid white lights but none of the 5 phones will connect to it. I have tried resetting.
Can we try a resync on 42143913723
Thanks
Steve