Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal with BT Home Hub 4 help needed

fishcallededdie
4: Newbie

Hi forum

My in-laws have a SureSignal (version 1 I think, tall with 4 lights) which was working fine until they 'upgraded' their internet to BT. They have a BT Home Hub 4 and the Sure Signal has stopped working.

I've read everything I can find and have setup the ports on the Home Hub to forward to the Sure Signal.

The ports still seem to be closed however (using a remote port checker) and the Sure Signal is only showing the top light (solid).

I have done the reset procedure.

The serial number of the Sure Signal is 21197153527

To make it more difficult, although my in-laws are still with Vodafone, I am not and my Vodafone web portal has been closed down (well, I can't log into it). I was the admin for this SureSignal so now I have no means of administering it from the dashboard.

Can anyone help? Please and thank you.

James

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @fishcallededdie,

The BT Homehub 4 and 5 have a feature called BT Smart Setup.

It's essentially a landing page that devices have to through before they'll the hub will send it a connection.

A Sure Signal cannot get through this page as it doesn't have the ability to bypass a website. 

Please turn off BT Smart Setup through the router settings and then reset the Sure Signal. It should then connect.

Thanks,

Matt B

Thanks for that Matt, this is helpful. I remember turning something off which intercepted new devices but I will double check next time I visit that this was the Smart Setup feature.

It would be nice to receive some feedback about the poor telephone service last weekend.

neiljclements
1: Seeker
Spot on advice mate. That damn landing page is just a pest! They can't do anything simple, like just 'connect to the internet'. They always wanna force user input.
I haven't even set up port forwarding on the HomeHub 4 as the SureSignal works excellent without it.
Thanks again