Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal

emilylambert247
1: Seeker
Hi there, we've used sure signal boxes for years at home and work. Now that I have a 4g phone however, I have to switch it back to 3G to get it to work with the sure signal. Is there any way round this? Many thanks, George
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello. 

Looking at the shop page of Vodafyfor the sure signal here it creates a 3G signal. 

Faqs here and here

"Will my Sure Signal work with 4G?
Your 4G signal is not boosted by your Sure Signal – but your 3G signal still is. So when you take a call, your device is automatically on 3G and uses your Sure Signal, as we don’t offer calls over 4G.
When using data on your device at home, our 4G signal takes priority over your Sure Signal if you’re not connected to your home Wi-Fi network."

From https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Vodafone-4G/38909403/Will-my-Sure-Signal-work-wi...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

You definitely should not need to switch 4G off to get connected to your Sure Signal. 4G is data only and not a voice carrier.

I have had 4G phones since 4G went live 2 years ago and none of them have had an issue stepping down to 3G when I'm at home.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png