Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal

Daverafferty
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
My sure signal has stopped working my broadband and wifi work perfectly sure signal device just flashing red light constantly tried soft and hard reset to no avail
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Daverafferty,

I think we have identified the issue. This is the Vodafone UK community. We are only able to help Vodafone Uk customers. 

You should have more luck posting your query on the Vodafone IE community

Nabs

View solution in original position

93 REPLIES 93

Yes ... thank you and apologies for multiple entries

Is there a phone number I should ring to initiate a request for a whitelist entry.

I did call around 3 years ago but was reassured that ip address's were not blocked

Thank you

The ISP is Cogent

Over the past 4 years I have tried various routers and mtu sizes and ip address's.

However all of the address's have been on the Cogent network

For a long time I have suspected the network is blocked and after several calls to Vodafone I gave up since I was unable to speak to anyone regarding blacklists / whitelists

Now we have a new model Sure Signal and I would like to see this work

Thank you

Richard

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Best to wait for one of the staff members to read your question and check for you... It will have better success than trying to call in :Smiling:

Hi richardyeardley,

We can't add this IP address to our whitelist as it isn't based in the UK.

You'll need to speak to your ISP about attaining a UK based IP.

Thanks,

Matt B

A ping ( time ) will show that the ip address is in the UK as will a tracert. Cogent is a multinational ISP UK USA Canada Spain France Germany Hungary Luxembourg Swden What do I need to ask the ISP

I have just followed up with Cogent and received the following Dear, Cogent does not see anything wrong on the countrycode assigned to your prefix. Cogent operates the only valid reference database for such informations and any 3rd party geolocation service is maintaining their own database and is responsible to keep them up to date. Unfortunately there is nothing we can change on this from our end, you may want to inform the owner of the geolocation database where you see this wrong informations, but unfortunately we have no relationships with this companys. Found a referral to rwhois.cogentco.com:4321. %rwhois V-1.5:0010b0:00 rwhois.cogentco.com network:ID:NET4-8275798019 network:Network-Name:NET4-8275798019 network:IP-Network:130.117.121.128/25 network:Postal-Code:E14 2AA network:Country:GB <<<---- network:City:London network:Street-Address:7 Old Park Lane network:Org-Name:PVI Services Limited network:Tech-Contact:ZC108-ARIN network:Updated:2011-02-18 13:59:12

Hi richardyeardley,

The IP needs to show as based in the UK on the RIPE Database.

As it doesn't show as being in the UK, we're unable to white list it.

Thanks,

Simon

You may want to inform Vodafon about that this is a Non RIPE Network and they should accept this network. Can I appeal the decision PLEASE based on the following which I have received from Cogent. The Assignment is done out of a direct Assignment from IANA to Cogent, before RIPE was born: All subassignments are public available via RFC2167: NetRange: 130.117.0.0 - 130.117.255.255 CIDR: 130.117.0.0/16 OriginAS: NetName: COGENT-EUROPEAN-OPERATIONS-001 NetHandle: NET-130-117-0-0-1 Parent: NET-130-0-0-0-0 NetType: Direct Assignment Comment: Reassignment information for this block is Comment: available at rwhois.cogentco.com port 4321 RegDate: 1988-08-08 Updated: 2014-05-09 Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-130-117-0-0-1

Apologies it should read this way. I have just received the following from Cogent and would like to appeal the decision PLEASE. You may want to inform Vodafon about that this is a Non RIPE Network and they should accept this network. The Assignment is done out of a direct Assignment from IANA to Cogent, before RIPE was born: All subassignments are plublic available via RFC2167: NetRange: 130.117.0.0 - 130.117.255.255 CIDR: 130.117.0.0/16 OriginAS: NetName: COGENT-EUROPEAN-OPERATIONS-001 NetHandle: NET-130-117-0-0-1 Parent: NET-130-0-0-0-0 NetType: Direct Assignment Comment: Reassignment information for this block is Comment: available at rwhois.cogentco.com port 4321 RegDate: 1988-08-08 Updated: 2014-05-09 Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-130-117-0-0-1.

Hi richardyeardley,

Some individual IP addresses within that range aren’t registered in the UK.

If you can let us know the specific IP addresses which are registered in the UK and need adding to the whitelist, we can arrange this.

Thanks,

Jenny