Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal

garym0_0
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have tried to set up my sure signal (V1) but i am experiencing major difficulties. All I get is the power light flashing. I have tried to complete a reset but its been 4 days now. Vodafone customer service said they can do nothing and to speak to my serice provider (who also said they can't help). I have looked on varoius forums for ideas and tried some stuff out but still nothing.

I am very very limited on my tech abilities but desperately need help please.

Gary.

5 REPLIES 5

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@garym0_0

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results.

Your ping test results.

Your external IP address.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I have looked at various threads and i'm none the wiser as have tried lots.

test details :

upload; 0.45mb

download; 1.00mb

ping; 38ms

jitter; 2ms

my IP; 89.241.109.105

ppv6; ::ffff:59f1:6d69

I have attached the tracert as I can't seem to copy and paste it without screenshot....

sure signal serial No: 21224314027

Many thanks.

Gary.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@garym0_0 

Thank you for the details.

Your traceroute and IP address look fine however your download speeds are not sufficient to support a call on the Sure Signal.

The first thing is to remove anything else connected to the router you're using and to ensure the Sure Signal is given high priority in the router admin.

You'll also need to contact your internet service provider (ISP) and see if they can increase your speeds.

DaveCD

I only got the sure signal device as the vodafone site stated the following:

You can use Sure Signal if you're a Pay monthly, Pay as you go, or business customer.

All you need is:

• - Home broadband: You’ll need a fixed-line home broadband connection with a minimum speed of 1 Mbps to use Vodafone Sure Signal version 1 and 2. The latest version, version 3, requires a slightly higher speed. As the number of phones using the Sure Signal at once increases, so does the minimum broadband speed. So if you’re using the maximum of eight devices at the same time, you’ll need to have a download speed of at least 4.13Mbps. You can check your download speed by running a broadband speed test, you can find these online. Bear in mind that if you’re using the internet a lot, it could impact on your Sure Signal’s performance, like using your phone while downloading large files or online gaming. It works with the majority of broadband providers and most routers. However, not all are compatible with Sure Signal. Don’t worry, you’ve got seven days to return it to us if it’s not. Just so you know, Sure Signal doesn’t work with satellite broadband, WiMax, bonded lines, or secure firewalls.

And I do have 1mbps which is apparently all the V1 needs.

I live and the end of the telephone exchange (4 miles away) and have the fastest broadband available to me

My only other option is to cancel my 2 Vodafone mobile contracts and go to a provider who offers app based phone calls & texts via WiFi (like 02 or 3), which I didnt want to do.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @garym0_0 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you have anything else connected it may be slowing it down, for example a tablet or games console would share that 1Mbps download. 

Please try a different Ethernet cable, and also the device in another location. Then we can rule out a fault with the Sure Signal. 

Thanks,

Amanda