Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal Fault Read This

Madasahatter
2: Seeker

I have just been on the phone to second line support and they have confirmed that there has been an internal fault with there systems for the last 3 weeks now.

They also told me that even they cannot get a resolution date as yet ?

I have just had to upgrade to red bundle so i can make wifi calls

FRUSTRATED - just a little

Thanks hope this helps some of you

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Madasahatter

Thank you for highlighting this. 

The Vodafone Tech team read all threads so I'm sure they'll want to look into this information. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply,

Ok so now I have wifi calling setup and working. next (new problem) seems like Vodafone does not support txt messaging over this service, Is this correct ?

Badger-Man
4: Newbie
Thanks for the info - it does explain a lot. Wish they'd just take the drop and admit these sort of things (which happen) rather than try and hide them and cause a lot of nause for people trying to get something fixed that they can't.

Quick update,

IMessage works with wifi calling but not standard txt.

Thanks

Nabs
Hate to spoil the party but my VSS was working OK last night, will double check it when I get home but I've not had any major problems in the last few weeks.

@Madasahatter what exactly is your issue with the VSS?

Madasahatter
Mine works randomly, and gradually getting worse, second line support confirmed this today to be an internal ongoing fault and that they were unable to get a resolution date and upgraded me to red bundle at no extra cost so at least I can make wifi calls, If this was just more hot air from them I will just have to wait and see.
If it's not fully resolved in a few weeks then the service is unfit for purpose.

Nabs
@Madasahatter a sure signal that "works randomly" typically indicates an issue with you internet connection. The main causes are usually either the upload speed being too low or your ISP changing your public IP address which forces the VSS to resend with the servers.
Can you do a speed test (www.speedtest.net) and post back the results.

Nabs,

my isp is zen internet

download speed - 78mb

upload speed - 19mb

my IP address range is static

VSS has been totaly offline now for some time solid red 2 flashing white

also they are compensating me for lack of service, if they were not at fault why compensate me ?

@Madasahatter

Compensating for loss of service is within your T&C's. 

10.Credits or termination if there is a failure of the service. 

If we have to maintain our network or if there is a technical fault on our network that is caused by us, you may be entitled to a partial credit of your charges (based on the number of days you are without a service) or in certain circumstances where you receive a severely degraded service for an unreasonable period of time, terminate this agreement.
To receive a partial credit of your charges or terminate this agreement, you must report to us a disruption on our network which we reasonably assess that you use frequently, the disruption is severe and is assessed against your typical usage history. In addition, no alternative means of access to our network and services must be available to you (for example, using a Vodafone Sure Signal) for you to receive a credit or terminate this agreement.

From http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/contentdocuments/vftst052330.pdf

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.