Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal Not Working After Switch to BT Infinity

RIMorrisJr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A couple of months ago, I installed BT Inifinity. My SureSignal (model 1) has not worked since then. I have followed the advice: unit is on; ethernet connection is working; internet access is fine; rebooted router and SureSignal; confirmed the SureSignal has an IP address; turned port clamping on; set the MTU to 1492 (it will not go to 1500); and tried to reset the SureSignal again.

I am using a BTBusinessHub 3 and my SureSignal serial number is 21229653551

Thank you for your help.

Richard Morris

6 REPLIES 6

KarenWhitfield
1: Seeker

Just wondering if you have managed to get this solved.  I am having exactly the same problem.  Thanks.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi Richard,

I am pretty sure there is a fundemental flaw in the way that the Business Hub 3 works, and it just will not allow the suresignal to connect through it... This was a few months ago and there may be a fix, but I don't recall seeing one.

Maybe see if BT can upgrade the router? or if it is a business line, maybe invest in a different router and ditch the BT one alltogether.

Karen - What version Home Hub are you using? If it is a 4 or 5, in the setup web pages for it, there is an option in the firewall settings call Port Clamping.

People have found that in some cases turning it on, and then trying to set the suresignal up again has worked.

No resolution as yet, unfortunately.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @richardjmorris and @KarenWhitfield ,

We're aware of a compatibility issue with Homehub 3 users on BT Infinity. As yet, the only solutions have been to use another router. our ISP can discuss upgrade options with you.

For further details about the known problem, please 
visit this thread.

On rare occasions, giving the Sure Signal unsecured access via DMZ can help. Your ISP can discuss the risks involved and how to do this if you'd rather not change routers.

Thanks,

Ben

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the link you referenced no longer works. The error page gives an Exception ID: 73C731F4.

Regards,

Richard Morris

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Richard,

I’m not sure why that wasn’t working, but I’ve edited Ben’s post and this is all fine from our end now. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny