Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal Power Light on - Internet Light flashing

emuthebrave
2: Seeker

My Sure Signal was been working for last 9 months (albeit restarting itself several times a day when I'm in the middle of a call!), but for last couple of days the Red Power Light is showing on, with the Internet Light flashing 10 times or so, then going off for a minute or so, then starting to flash again.

Earlier today I pressed the reset button for 10 seconds, but the same symptoms persist.

Serial number 40131546604 , showing as registered and active on the Dashboard.

15 REPLIES 15

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi emuthebrave,

This still hasn’t connected to our servers. Please check your MTU settings as follows:

Log into your router admin page and find the location of the MTU field. This varies depending on the make and model so you’ll need to look for it.

Change the value of the MTU size to 1500.

Log out of the router, this will usually result in a reboot.

Perform a reset of the Sure Signal:

1. Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid
  2. Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in
  3. Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead
  4. Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

The Sure Signal will now try to contact the network and download its profile. This can take up to 6 hours.

If this still isn’t working, try using your Signal at another location (friend or family member etc), as this will help us determine if the problem's with the Sure Signal itself.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi

I've changed the MTU setting as you suggested. The reset procedure you suggested didn't work (4 lights didn't go solid after holding the rest button down, and my SS doesn't have a poer lead -it plugs directly into the socket).

I'll wait for 6 hours and hope that this sorts it.

Hi

Sure Signal is now working. Thanks for you help - I guess it must have been the MTU setting (whatever that is), since that's the only change I made and now everything is okay.

NAW5189
Yes sure signal was fine before the constant flashing. Fourth day now with no service. Please advise

AndrewDenman
3: Seeker
Same problem here too! HD9 2PP Flashing light 😞

AndrewDenman