Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal/Powerline

41advantest
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Suresignal connected directly to a BT 3 router, it works perfectly. I would like to move the Suresignal to another room. Can it be connected to the router via a Devolo Powerline system I also have?.

Thank you...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have now had the opportunity to check this situation. I am pleased to say that the Suresignal does indeed work over MY Devolo Powerline setup.

Prior to installing it on the Powerline, I did some walk tests and was very luck to get one or two bars and some very scratchy conversations.

Now, I get the full signal and perfect mobile calls.

I have checked it a couple of times by cutting power to the Suresignal and watch the signal drop.

I am not a techie, nor do I work for Vodafone or any other company so I am very happy with this as a result.

I am not sure that the changes have been detected by the Vodafone system or what will happen when it does...

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi,

I'm unable to locate any posts from people who have tried to hook up scenario with the Devolo Product.

The sure signal has an approx range of 30 metres so should cover another room.

Sure Signal FAQs Link http://telco.ubteam.co.uk/static/Sure_Signal_Questions_and_Answers.pdf

Would you update your thread if this is successful.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I will, it is a very old house with granite stone walls, the Suresignal certainly does not work out to 30m. Experimenting may be the only way forward, I will post the results...

Morning.

Those old houses will stand the test of time which is great for the home owner but not so great for modern technology ! 😉

Best of luck.

Look forward to your update.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@41advantest

While it's not something we support, I'd love to see you post back your findings.

Sharing feedback like this will help other customers looking for similar solutions. :Smiling:

I will, tests will be done at the end of the month. It is one of the Mk1 (older) SureSignal devices...

I have now had the opportunity to check this situation. I am pleased to say that the Suresignal does indeed work over MY Devolo Powerline setup.

Prior to installing it on the Powerline, I did some walk tests and was very luck to get one or two bars and some very scratchy conversations.

Now, I get the full signal and perfect mobile calls.

I have checked it a couple of times by cutting power to the Suresignal and watch the signal drop.

I am not a techie, nor do I work for Vodafone or any other company so I am very happy with this as a result.

I am not sure that the changes have been detected by the Vodafone system or what will happen when it does...