Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal Problems (Resync Required)

ManicMayhem
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a Vodafone SureSignal V1. Lights 1,2 and 4 show solid green but none of the handsets assigned to it (including mine) are connecting. I.E. the 3rd light does not come on at all (or flash when a device is in use) and the 3G signals we are getting on the phone is the 1-bar weak signal from the local mast (if we are lucky).

The SureSignal did work fine until a few months ago, when I deregistered and disconnected it as the local 4G service was turned on and 3G signal from the local mast seem to improved dramatically. However this change has not been permanent (which is a shame) and I rarely get 3G signal at home again... so I've had to reconnect and register the SureSignal. [As an aside my neighbour a few doors down get a strong 4G signal - I must just be out of range].

Anyway I have reset the SureSignal a few times to no avail. During the time my suresignal was deactivated my number was transferred from a business to a personal account and a SIM Swap performed aswell. Perhaps this has confused things? Anyway, after reading all these forum posts it looks like a resync might be necessary?

Could you do this for me? I've included some technical info below....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BT is my ISP, with fibre-to-the-premesis internet. The sure signal is connected to a Linksys EA6700 router (which I use instead of the BT provided Home Hub 3).

SureSignal Serial: 21196942581

SpeedTest: Download 205.64Mbps, Upload 19.85Mbps

PingTest: Ping 15ms, Packet Loss 0%, Jitter 1ms

External IP: 81.132.104.53

Tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms     1 ms  ManicAngel-HQ [192.168.1.1]

2    14 ms    11 ms    20 ms  217.32.147.108

3     8 ms    16 ms    19 ms  217.32.147.174

4     9 ms    16 ms    19 ms  212.140.206.90

5    14 ms    19 ms    19 ms  217.41.169.211

6    14 ms     9 ms     9 ms  217.41.169.109

7    12 ms    11 ms    19 ms  acc2-xe-0-3-1.sf.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.251.237]

8    18 ms    21 ms    19 ms  core1-te0-2-2-0.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.251.145]

9    14 ms    20 ms    28 ms  peer1-xe9-0-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.254.120]

10    24 ms    26 ms    24 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]

11    24 ms    19 ms    23 ms  85.205.116.10

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

17     *        *        *     Request timed out.

18     *        *        *     Request timed out.

19     *        *        *     Request timed out.

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.

21     *        *        *     Request timed out.

22     *        *        *     Request timed out.

23     *        *        *     Request timed out.

24     *        *        *     Request timed out.

25     *        *        *     Request timed out.

26     *        *        *     Request timed out.

27     *        *        *     Request timed out.

28     *        *        *     Request timed out.

29     *        *        *     Request timed out.

30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

After re-registering the SureSignal back in my name (and number), the problem appears to have been solved. The phones now do connect to it and route their calls through it... but only sometimes.

When connected we get a full signal on our phones as expected, but quite often the phones will actually connect to the local mast (1, maybe 2 bars and the phones need to have airplane mode enabled then disabled to force them to connect to the SureSignal). Am pretty sure this never used to happen. Is this behaviour normal/abnormal?

Thanks

Ade

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

ManicMayhem

Bump...

Can someone help me please??

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ManicMayhem,

Your traceroute is fine, and so are your speed test and ping test.

Your IP address is on our whitelist, so no problems there either.

Check to make sure that the following ports are open/forwarded on your router.

Port Number

8          TCP      UDP

50         TCP      UDP

53         TCP      UDP

67                     UDP

68                     UDP

123                   UDP

500                   UDP

1723     TCP      UDP

4500                 UDP

33434 - 33445    UDP

I’ve also resynced the Sure Signal for you.

So that the resync completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks Andy,

I've checked the ports etc and after resetting the SureSignal as requested I had the same problem. However I then read somewhere in you FAQ that if you have done a sim swap at any point you may need to register the SureSignal with a different number (if you have problems connecting), in order to get things working.

So I have done this. It is now registered against my mate's number ending x582 (and this phone is now connecting to the SureSignal when it didn't before). But my number (ending x281 which is now assigned as an authorised user of the sure signal) still does not connect.

Specifically my mate gets a full 3G signal and the 'mobile' light flashes on the SureSignal when he uses his phone. I barely get any 3G signal on my phone (because it is attaching to the local mast) and the SureSignal does not show any connection with my phone.

Could it be because my vodafone number (which was assigned to a business account earlier in the year) was ported to Three and then ported back to Vodafone under a personal contract and then sim swapped from a micro to a nano sim? Could that explain why no-one could connect when I was the registered owner and explain why I can't connect, but others can, now that I am not the registered owner? If so is there  a way I can send you my phone number and any other details required privately? If not, please can you help me further troubleshoot this issue?

Kind Regards

Ade

Hi ManicMayhem,

Thanks for coming back to me and for doing further checks on this.

This is very strange, have you tried registering the Sure Signal against your number, now we know it definitely works?

When you change your SIM, it can, in rare occasions, take a deregister and re-register to get it working again.

Thanks

Wayne

Thanks Wayne

I'll try re-registering the SureSignal back against my number and I'll let you know, either way, how I get on.

Hi

After re-registering the SureSignal back in my name (and number), the problem appears to have been solved. The phones now do connect to it and route their calls through it... but only sometimes.

When connected we get a full signal on our phones as expected, but quite often the phones will actually connect to the local mast (1, maybe 2 bars and the phones need to have airplane mode enabled then disabled to force them to connect to the SureSignal). Am pretty sure this never used to happen. Is this behaviour normal/abnormal?

Thanks

Ade

Hi ManicMayhem, 

Your Sure Signal is running an older Firmware version so I've pushed a new version out to you. 

This can take up to 24 hours to complete, please don't do any resets and keep the device connected during this time (you may notice strange light sequences during this time). 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi Kay.

Thanks for doing this. However when I got home I noticed that there had been a power cut at some point during the day. Perhaps something to do with the weather.The SureSignal is working, so I am assuming the update wasn't happening at the time of the power cut, but given your instruction to "don't do any resets and keep the device connected during this time", can you check that it has been applied sucessfully?

Furthermore, I was surprised to hear that my device didn't have the latest firmware - aren't SureSignals updated automatically?

Hi ManicMayhem,

Your Sure Signal is now running the latest version of firmware.

The firmware isn’t automatically pushed out to all registered units, however this has now been setup to be pushed out when a customer resets their Sure Signal.

James