Solution

SureSignal V1 needs update?

Gingerdave
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Re: SureSignal V1 needs update?
Options
Hi
Have the usual problem with my V1 Sure Signal, 1,2,4 lights all on but phones won't connect, rang on 2 occasions , rang tonight and told same thing , do a firm ware update , tried that loads of times , can you push the firmware and sync from your end , to see if that makes a difference ,
S/N 21197085794
Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Hi dominicraf,

Thanks for the update.

Let us know how you get on with the port forwarding that Matt has advised.

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Matt_B

Thanks for the note.

Yes I have had the IPSec and PPTP and Multicast boxes ticked.

I added port 1723, which is noted on the protforwarding info posted as being for BT hubs, but which on portforward.com is included for Virgin Media Superhubs.

An aspect I'm unsure of is the destination addresses as I can't see how to edit / ad these on my hub. Could this be my problem?

As I have set up a reserved / static IP and noted this on the port forwarding page should I uncheck UPnP?

I posted my various test results, but not had any comment on these - but no obvoius (to me) issues.

Don't know if its possible for you to check my firmware?

Beginning to feel like I'm in one of these movies where someone has to land a Jumbo with no previous flight experience!

Anyway, control tower, I've closed and rebooted, and reconnected the VSS this morning - but not feeling very hopefull and getting frustrated by dropping calls with VSS out of action....

Best

Sk3d

Hi Ian

I posted the tests as suggested Friday - did you have any ideas - still nothing happening - just cycles back to a static single green light after trying to connect after re-start.

Best

Richard

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Sk3d,

Having UpnP selected shouldn’t make a difference, but it’s worth trying.

Your Sure Signal is on the latest firmware.

The device isn’t making a connection to our network, which indicates an issue with the setup/configuration.

If you’ve been through the port forwarding guides and you’ve opened all the relevant ports, for both inbound and outbound traffic, the only thing left to test, would be to try it on a different connection with a different router.

Thanks,

Wayne

Have now tried all of the router settings that you suggested settings, but there is no improvement. The phone still does not connect to the VSS. The VSS just shows the top green light as solid and the second light is flashing slowly. The others are off.

Hi dominicraf,

Please can you confirm that the IPSEC setting has been ticked on the router settings.

Cheers,

Laura

Sorry for the delay in answering, Laura. Yes I have double-checked that. What I have found is that after rebooting (or resetting) my VSS v1 it picks up ip address from the router but is only in its lease pool for a few minutes. After this all four of the SureSignal's lights come on and stay on and it disappears from the lease pool. Seems like it is crashing. What next? Is it toast?

Hi dominicraf,

Are you able to try the Sure Signal with a different router in a different location?

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Domincraf and Sarah and Ian et al

I've not posted recently as life's too short for this. The operation of the Sure Signal is practically incompatible with the Virgin Superhub and possibly other types of router. I've tried and re-tried every configuration and parameter mentioned in this forum to no avail, like yourself and several others. Like you I've been advised to try a different router in  a different location, but even if that does work it does not fix the problem unless I change my router / broadband supplier - that's the tail wagging the dog. Given that every other bit of kit I've ever tried to connect to my network works without any problem I am forced to conclude that it the Vodaphone kit / service that's the problem here. I've decided unplug the SS and to put up with a poor signal and occasional dropped calls untill I change my mobile network provider to one that supports WiFi calling.

Good luck!

Sk3d

Do I just plug it in at the new location or do I have to do anything else, for instance reset it?