Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal V2: white lights constantly flashing

YoungDude
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My SS V2 has stopped working. The red power light is on, and the white System and Phone lights are flashing. I have tried powering down/powering up, tries resetting the device and tried unregistering and re-registering. After 24 hours the lights are still flashing.

Ping: 14ms, jitter 4ms, grade: B*

External IP: 82.69.58.122

IPv6: ::ffff:5245:3a7a

TraceRT:

C:\Windows\system32>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 4 ms 6 ms 7 ms 192.168.1.1
2 922 ms 804 ms 915 ms losubs.subs.bng1.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.80.17]

3 1083 ms 716 ms 119 ms ae1-176.cr1.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.80.36]
4 14 ms 10 ms 10 ms xe-8-2-2.lon10.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.66.225]
5 15 ms 10 ms 15 ms xe-2-1-2.lon11.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.183.181]
6 12 ms 16 ms 12 ms ae9-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.22.217]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
(and a load more of these)

SS V2 serial no: 40120159427

For several weeks my family have had problems connecting to it, hence my attempts at resetting everything.

Any assistance will be most welcome.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

My-sure-signal-has-stopped-working-what-should-I-do.

Troubleshooting guide

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10. From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've tried swapping the power supply. Unfortunately this hasn't solved the problem.

BandOfBrothers

Hey. 

Im sorry that didn't help. 

How old old is the Sure signal as they have a 24 month warranty. 

Apart from that hopefully the troubleshooting threads may help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. The SS2 is four years old. I've tried the other troubleshooting threads but no joy. Looks like it may be time for a new one.

Good luck with the new V3. I replaced my 'faulty' V2 three days ago and it still doesn't work! Been chatting to vodafone tech people for hours. This should be plug and play but not

Your reply is a little troubling - I could end up getting an SS3 and not resolving the issue if it turns out to be something at Vodafone's end. Did you get your SS3 working in the end?

It is a shame no one from Vodafone has replied to this thread. Are Vodafone giving up on SureSignal issues?

mikebrunger
4: Newbie
Not working yet. Vodafone CS started telling me there was an outage on their side fro vss but after talking to vss tech support that was a red herring. Now waiting for them to call me back to further t/s. I did get confirmed (albeit from their tech support) that port forwarding and whitelisted IPs are not that important due to smart vss and routers. Not convinced vss is smart however 😉

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@YoungDude I've resynced your Sure Signal device directly from our end. 

Please allow up to 6 hours before it regains connection and ensure you restart your mobile phone. 

Kindly let us know if you're still having any issues and we'll investigate further. 

@mikebrunger We'll reply as soon as we can on your other thread to avoid any confusion. 

Thanks for doing this. The System light is now on and steady, but our phones still aren't connecting to the SureSignal, even after restarting them.