Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal and HTC Phones

jonme
4: Newbie

I have an factory unlocked DesireX phone which connects to a working suresignal( works with iphone and sony)

The HTC connects to the suresignal, gets a 3g service and is able to use the data connection.

However I have just noticed that when calls are placed, the handset switches to 2g almost immediatley, even if the SS signal is better. 

Googling found a reference on this forum that it might be some sort of powersaving feature, but it really messes up the SS. Putting the handset in UMTS only works ok but that is a pain. Also to note is that it doesnt happen when the phone is being charged (also pointing to a powersaver feature) Tried with 2 separate handsets and 3 Sure Signals at 2 Locations!

So has anybody got a htc that actually works with SS? Is the vodafone firmware different to work with SS as I am running htc firmware? I note that there are htc devices on the handset compatibility list.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jonme,

HTC phones do work with the Sure Signal but we have seen similar problems in the past.

Using HTC unbranded firmware won’t make any difference to the Vodafone variant because they are built on the same platforms.

I’d try to look to see if there is any power saving options in the advanced settings to see if this can stop it disconnecting from the Sure Signal.

James