Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal does not work with BT Infinity Business

susanbull
1: Seeker

Hi,

My SureSignal stopped working when I had BT Infinity Business installed.  I have been through the forum and checked/changed all the router settings, done the various required re-boots and re-sets.  I've checked the cabling and verified that the router is assigning the VSS MAC address - now I'm all out of options.  I know you'll need a few details:

SureSignal v1

• Serial: 21222423937
  • Sagem BSR Femto

BT Business Hub 3

Modem: ECI Telecom

• Description: NGA ECI-CPE-Modem Type 1B
  • Serial: ECIJ252055446

Speed Test

• DL: 5.42 Mb
  • UL: 0.73 Mb

Traceroute - attached

Everything was working fine on the original ADSL connection that could only manage 512 kbps max.  Now I only get a steady power light.  Is it the case that VSS simply doesn't work with BT Business Infinity or is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks,

Simon

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Most of what you requested I have already done as I said in my post including going through the troubleshooting thread more than a few times plus most of the info you asked for.  I guess the only thing missing was the ping test and external IP which are:

• Speed test results DL 5.41 Mbps UL 0.76 Mbps
  • Ping test results 41 ms Jitter 1 ms
  • External IP address 81.149.142.183

The traceroute wouldn't paste so I attached a screenshot of it - which I have attached again.

Thanks,

Simon

Anonymous
Not applicable

The bit of kit that had changed on your side is the router and so this will introduce a new firewall into your setup whereas the one on your previous router would have been configured to allow it through (if you or someone you know didn't do this for you it will have happened through Universal Plug and Play which allows the router and compatibile devices to negotiate the opening of required ports without manual configuration so might be easiest to look for this option in the new router and enable it)