Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal does not work with BT Infinity

TSPlowright
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Your Twitter support group asked me to post here for help with this issue: 

I have a SureSignal (SS) version 3 which worked perfectly while with Sky on standard broadband. I then switched to BT (HomeHub 4) last summer (August) and the SS stopped working. I tried all of the port forwarding etc with no luck and eventually I was told that it was probably a speed issue (3mb up and 0.6mb down). I had just found out Infinity was due in my area so I waited several months while that was installed. 

In December I finally went live on Inifnity and now have a steady 38mb up and 9mb down. The SS still doesn't work. I now have the HomeHub 5 as I am on a Fibre to the Property (FTTP) line. I have tried setting up the port forwarding and tried placing the SS in the 'DMZ', none of which works. I was then finally told by Technical Support that the SS doesn't work when pppoe security is in place. This is unavoidable on Fibre lines (so I am told) so was terminal, or so I thought. 

When I complained to the Twitter help group and they assured me that the SS does work with pppoe, sometimes. They asked me to post here for help. I have tried this before, but not been able to find a fix...

The SS has a steady power light and flashing 'internet' light which periodically goes off then comes back on (still slowly flashing).  It does this forever, six months and counting...

I have no intention of buying new equipment to get the SS working. If it does not work soon I will seek a full refund and cancel all contracts with Vodafone. I am immensely fed up.

19 REPLIES 19

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Just to confirm that the Sure Signal works perfectly with BT Infinity. I have FTTC and an SS2 but people who tell you that the Sure Signal and BT Infinity are not compatible are wrong. I have also used thre different routers, a Home Hub 3 and 5 and a Belkin, and they all work.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I have now received a text message claiming that my SS is ready to use, but it is still flashing its internet light and providing no signal at all.

Jeffkin, I am glad to hear that it can work, all I need now is for it to actually work!

Tim

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim,

The registration activated on the network at 08:03pm yesterday.

Please let us know 24 hours from then, which light sequence you’re seeing if it’s still not working.

Thanks,

Gemma 

I am disappointed to report that the SS is still not working, and still has a steady red power light and a slowly flashing white internet light. No other lights are visible.

Tim

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to see this is still not working.

The only other thing we can suggest is getting the Sure Signal sent off for a repair.

You can rule out a fault with your unit if you have a chance to test it for an hour or so on an alternative internet connection (such as a friend or relatives). 

Many thanks, Ben

I will test it at my mother in law's house, she lives nearby so I should be able to do this today. 

If it doesn't work how do I go about sending it in for repair? 

Thanks

Tim

I have plugged it into my mother in laws Plusnet connection. The power light came on, then a few secondds later the 'internet' light flashed (white) rapidly four or five times and then settled into its all too familiar slow flashing (white) routine. I will check back in six hours and provide a further update, unless directed otherwise. 

Tim

Hi TSPlowright,

Did the Sure Signal start working after you left it for a while?

If not, I'd follow Ben's suggestion to arrange a repair.

Dave

Hello Dave

No, it is still slowly flashing it's internet light. Where do I send it for repair, and does it need to be in its box etc?

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

You can find more about arranging a repair here

Don't worry if you haven't got the original box.

Thanks 

Ian