Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal hasn't worked for 3 days

rubyrubyruby
2: Seeker
The last 3 days my suresignal has not worked- lights keep flashing for hours when reset but no joy. Serial number is 40114251180

i have been getting lots of "your suresignal has changed location" texts from vodafone (it hasnt but i wonder if this could be linked to the problem)

Please advise as I can't get through on the chat line and really need a fix

Ip address is 86.148.176.178
Ping 55
Download 3.12
Upload 0.7

10 REPLIES 10

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi rubyrubyruby,

The likely reason for the address change messages could be because your IP address at home has changed. This happens from time to time on most people's internet connections.

Have you tried logging into My Account and confirming the postcode? This worked for me a couple weeks ago when the same thing happened.

If it still doesn't resolve the issue try following the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If may lead you to a template to post back here so the team can further investigate the issue.

Nabs

rubyrubyruby
I have reset the device and the postcode a number of times and nothing has changed- it is still chugging away with the lights flashing for hours on end and then reverting back to just the power light. I have posted my ping/upload and download. Can't at preset do a trace route unless someone can tell me how from a pad as I don't have a pc here.

Please please can someone reset it or do something to help? I am in the middle of nowhere with no mobile signal.

rubyrubyruby
I have now found and ipad app so the traceroute was as follows:

traceroute to 86.148.176.178 (86.148.176.178) , 5 relative hops max, 52 byte packets
1 host86-148-176-178.range86-148.btcentralplus.com (86.148.176.178) 25.852 ms 145.312 ms 147.557 ms

Does this help? Advice please!

Nobody from tech team is replying, suresignal won't work and I have tried everything that has been suggested. It has worked fine for a couple of years apart from having a little downtime for an hour or 2, but now suddenly won't work. I can't find any other way to get hold of anyone at Vodafone and can't receive calls. I only moved my phone contract to Vodafone because of the suresignal so if I can't get this fixed will have to switch away again.

Nabs
Don't worry the team will be in touch as soon as they can. It can sometimes take a little longer then the usual day or so when its busy but stick around.

Nabs

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Has anything changed with your internet or mobile setup?

New ISP? change of plan? new router?

New mobile? Change of SIM?

If it is 2+ years old, it could be that it has just died, although that usualy looks like all the correct lights are on, it just does not give a signal to the phone.

By the way the correct lights are not on- I get the power light then the others flash for a while, then they stop and we go back to just a power light. Wen it was working it would flash for a while and then one of the lights would be steady until a call is made when they both come on.

Thanks for posting

Hi rubyrubyruby, 

It hasn't connected to our servers for a couple of days so I've done a resync for you, please do a reset to complete this process;

-Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

Thanks, 

Kay

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi rubyrubyeuby

Thanks for supplying your results. While everything is OK with your IP and traceroute details, your upload speed seems a bit low. You can discuss your internet speeds and options with your ISP. The minimum upload required is 0.32Mb/s for normal use.

Thanks

Sukhi