Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal not worked for months

ElizabethIngram
2: Seeker
My sure signal hasn't worked consistently for months. I gave re-set it numerous times and now finally have the system light on but I still have no consistent network coverage/connection

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Jenny

Speed test results

Upload speed 0.83 Mbps

Download speed 6.19 Mbps

Ping 41 ms

Ping test results

Ping 27 ms

Jitter 2 ms

B*

External IP

Sure Signal Serial no 40113831917

Traceroute attached

Hi ElizabethIngram, 

Everything is fine with the traceroute you've provided. 

I've done a resync for you, please do the following reset to complete the process;

1 - Hold the reset button until all 4 lights are solid. Don't let go of the button until step 4

2 - Remove the power cable then the LAN cable

3 - Insert ONLY the power cable

4 - When the lights flash 1, 2, 3 then 4 release the reset button and wait for the unit to boot (5 minutes should do it).

5 - Insert the LAN cable and wait

Thanks, 

Kay

I can't sem to get the reset button to bring the lights on - what would you recommend I try and press the button with?

Thanks (sure signal 2)

I have still been unable to get the lights to come on by pressing reset - please advise

Thanks

Hi ElizabethIngram,

Do you see any changes in the lights when you're trying the reset?

DaveCD

dalerobert

My Vodafone sure signal 3 device has stopped working (after 4 months) via my sky hub router. red power light ON but second white light flashing slowly (presume no internet connection). I have reset the VSS a number of times after lengthy phone calls to vodafone but nothing has worked including a resynch to the vodafone network. The last phone call asked me to get my ISP (Sky) to open ports, attach a static IP and make sure PPOA firewall was allowed on the router. Sky refuse to do any of this but say I should manage this myself??? I cannot find how to do this and even when I have been able to get into my router settings it warns me that any changes should be from an advanced user or it may have consequences. What can i do to solve this as i am sooooo frustrated with numerous calls everywhere and still no mobile phone access in my house. Why dont vodafone send me a new device or make sure that their VSS can work with Sky routers?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dalerobert,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

thanks Dave 

Speed test Download 8.77 mbps, upload 0.93 mbps

Ping 36 ms Jitter 6ms

Line Quality B*

IP Address is 176.26.145.113

VSS Serial number 40131984359

can you then advise how i can run the VSS traceroute on the Imac I am using rather than standard PC?