Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal not working with iPhone 5

AlexPolglase
2: Seeker

Dear Vodafone,

Like so many other Vodafone users I have a Sure Signal at my property as I live in a rural area with no coverage and since upgrading to my new iPhone I have lost all signal at home!!!!! I have tried all the solutions that you have suggested to no avail! Please could someone in your tech dept sort this out? Or at least explain to me why this 'glitch' has occured!?! I am getting to the point of desparation!  If you need any information then please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Yours in anticipation

A Very Disgruntaled Vodafone Subscriber!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AlexPolglase,

I have taken a look at your registration on the Sure Signal that you have provided and can see that everything looks fine.

However, I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you, please can you also perform another reset and let us know how you get on.

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)

Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.

Once all lights display release the reset button.

The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

James

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AlexPolglase

BTW my VSS serial is: 21227839962

Many Thanks

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Hi AlexPolglase,

You don't say anything about what lamps show on the panel of the Sure Signal. Is the service light showing?

Your new phone has a different sim (a nano-sim) that the VSS will need to recognise so that it's linked to your phone number. This can take a while.
You've arrived at the tail end of a major outage, so it's worth doing a re-set
 on the VSS (instructions here if you're unfamiliar: http://allegoric.us/SVmkYI), as problems arising from this may have overlayed your problem with the phone.

If the VSS returns to service OK and you still can't connect, try switching your phone in and out of flight mode as this can sometimes be the trigger to kick things back into life.

Peter

Oh sorry about that...I have the 1st, 2nd and 4th lights on (mains light, @ light and tick light) I have reset the box as suggested at keast 3 times over the past week I have also re-registered the box to a different number so that I can delete and add my number back again to no avail! 

Any other suggestions would be appreciated :Smiling:

Hi AlexPolglase,

I have taken a look at your registration on the Sure Signal that you have provided and can see that everything looks fine.

However, I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you, please can you also perform another reset and let us know how you get on.

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)

Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.

Once all lights display release the reset button.

The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

James

Many thanks all working :Smiling:

Hi, using iphone5 with SS V2. Not working. SS is working with two other phones fine. One an iphone4 and the other samsung GTC3350.

I have transfered SS to another owner. Registered users. Hard reset twice. Received the SMS on all devices.

iphone5 still not using SS. The phone 5 is showing only 1 bar suggesting to me it doesnt recognise the SS 3G carrier.

SS has 1 red and 1 solid white. The two other phones registered ilumiate the 2second white LED.

SN 40120108853

Hi AndyWatkinson, 

This is a strange one - your Sure Signal is updating fine - we might need to change the SIM card to see if this kicks it into life.

Are you able to pick up a new SIM from a Vodafone store? If there's not one nearby we can order one for you - I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul