Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal on o2

mbames
13: Advanced Member

As Vodafone and o2 are starting to share masts, does that mean the Suresignal will carry o2 calls too?  I realise this is unlikely, but I have to ask.

I just has a phone call from a 3rd party advising me my contract was in its upgrade window.  He offered a much better o2 deal than VF for less money.  It also says the o2 coverage both at my home and my parents house is far superior to that of the VF.

I do have a SS to make life bearable, but it is an unstable piece of junk half of the time, so I am quite temped to jump ship and get decent coverage everywhere.  Obviously I realise he is a sales person and they are designed at birth to fib....

Thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello mbames

Sure Signal will only work with Vodafone SIM cards and will kick out any non Vodafone numbers.

Further information below from the Sure Signal FAQ's

Sure Signal FAQ's

mbames

Thanks.  So that means if I jump ship I will have a useless piece of kit.  Something to factor into my decision making process, although decent coverage in the first place would be handy!

Cheers,

Matt

Nabs

It's worth pointing out that the deal with O2 is just sharing the actual mast, ie the bit of metal sticking out of the ground.

The transmitters and core network are stil independent though in theory both networks will eventually have the same coverage.

Out of interest what deal were you offered?

As long as you are in your upgrade windows the @vodafoneukdeals twitter team should be able to help fine the best price avaiable on Vodafone. For info on how to contact them head over here and follow the instructions. They are a small and very popular team so they may not reply straight away, stick around though as one of the team will get back to you as soon as they can.

Nabs

mbames

To be fair the VF deal the 3rd party offered me I could get cheaper on the VF website, where as the o2 deal was almost identical in price to what o2 have it listed on their website.

Basically a new Lumia (520) umlimited txt & minutes, 1GB for £23.83 (+vat) was the o2 offer.  Where was VF was unlimited txt, 300 minutes, 250mb for £25 (+vat).  So o2 was offering more for less money.  Only downside would be I could not use my SS, but that isn't as reliable as it should be.

If my current HTC Trophy 7 didn't lock up everytime I put into charge I might have considered swapping to a sim-only deal instead and kept the phone.  I want to stay with WindowsPhone and I also want a small handset.  Some of the new handsets are far too large, imho.