Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal (plug version) does not work with BT Infinity Home Hub 3

edwardsa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There,

Please help, I'm losing the will to live with this one having called customer services & tech support around 6 to 8 times & made two trips to a store, probably totalling around 12 to 15 hours of my time, & am now a very irritated Vodafone customer.

Been a business user for about 4 years, recently moved house and have either intermittent or no signal anymore. Despite paying my monthly bills to receive a mobile service I was informed I would still have to pay £100 for a surg signal plug, which reluctantly I did.

It had to be constantly switched off & on to keep it working, being reset a number of times and was finally swapped for another one, where I experienced the same problems.  My final call with tech support last week I was informed Vodafone are aware of ongoing issues between VSS & BTHH3 (Having read previous posts I can now see they were aware of this on "03-05-2013 03:33 PM - edited ‎03-05-2013 04:00 PM") and the only solution was to contact BT for a HH4.

Upon calling BT they were not aware of such advice from Vodafone or these ongoing issues, but if I wanted a HH4 I would have to pay for one.

My question to Vodafone Tech is - Will this work if I buy a HH4? And what happens if it doesn't?

My concern over all of this - After a very lengthy conversation with the cancellations department today at Vodafone it appears I am unable to cancel my contract and move to another provider where I would have a perfect signal, even 4G despite the fact Vodafone does not provoide a satisfactory signal, at no point during my purchase of the plug (in August i think) did anyone ask me if I had a BTHH3 to make me aware of these issues.

If they had, I would not have taken an upgrade to my account and I would have been out of contract next week and able to move on, instead I am now trapped into this contract until November 2015.

How is this right?

3 REPLIES 3

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi edwardsa

I'm disappointed to read about your experience. 

We cannot provide guarantees on third party equipment however we've had many customers report that the Sure Signal (V3) does work with BT home hub 4.

Thanks

Sukhi

Hi There,

Thank you for your reply, but I'd be grateful if you could respond to a couple of my other points.

Why should I be locked into a new contract that I wouldn't have taken out if someone had made me aware before purchasing the suresignal plug there were problems with it and the BT HH3? An earlier post from May clearly shows Vodafone were aware of such problems and surely should have made an effort to communicate this in their marketing and at the point of purchase?

And what happens if I do buy a BT HH4 (that cost plus suresignal cost would equate to £150 just to get a signal I am already paying monthly for) and my suresignal plug doesn't work with that.

Many Thanks,

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi edwardsa,

As Sukhi said above, we can’t provide guarantees on third party equipment.

You can find more information regarding this here.

Thanks,

Jenny