Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal "Call failed" problem - selectively

nji1000
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have had a VSS (ver2) for some time and it seems to have been working fine.

I have an iPhone 6 which is connecting properly. I used to have a 4S which worked fine as well (same number and I upgraded the SIM). This phone was then retired.

My wife has an iphone 4 that is on its last legs and also uses the VSS - and this works properly. Her iPhone4 has pretty much given up so her SIM has now gone in my old iPhone 4s. All these phones are unlocked and work OK on a normal vodaphone connection. We noticed her call quality was much worse than mine and it seemed the VSS wasn't picking her calls up. 

Firstly - I found all my VSS settings had been deleted from my account and had to add her back on again - but still this doesn't fix it - in fact it has made it worse because now she has been getting the "call failed error" whenever she tries to make a call through the VSS - even though I don't. 

Have hard reset the VSS to no avail.

We have moved her SIM back from the 4S into the older 4 and the VSS works properly again for her.

Our only option for now is to turn off VSS because although my phone works OK it is blocking hers!

In summary:

VSS - iphone 6 - works with SIM "A" and number "X"

VSS - iphone 4 - works with SIM "B" and number "Y"

VSS - iphone 4s - used to work with SIM "C" and number "X" , doesn't work with SIM"B" and number "Y" and gives call failed error.

Help please...

Serial no 40113852426

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nji1000

The best thing to do with this is to completely de-register the Sure Signal and re-register, starting a fresh with all of your devices.

Thanks (and for your prompt reply) - it seems to have finally resolved itself overnight after another hard reset so I haven't had to go those lengths but I'll bear it in mind if I get more problems.

Neil