Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal v2 - 2 lights constantly flashing

Nige1975
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I'm suffering from the problem where my Suresignal v2 has 2 lights flashing constantly (the one which looks like a signal strength meter and the other which has a mobile picture), power light is always on.

The problem which I suffered from originally was that the Suresignal looked ok (power light on, signal light on, mobile light off) however when making a call on my mobile, it was as if it wasn't connected to the Suresignal as call quality was poor and also breaking up.  Intermittently both lights would flash, this was usually resolved by a Suresignal and/or router restart.

I called yourselves and I was informed that the Suresignal was de-registered, the technician registered the device and we also went through the reset process (hold in reset button for 30 seconds, remove power then plug power back in).  Once this process was undertaken, the lights continued to flash, they never went static (apart from the power).

I contacted Vodafone again using on-line chat and again I beleive the device was re-registered but again the lights continue to flash.

In desparation I called again and spoke to an analyst who went through some basic troubleshooting steps and this time we replaced the ethernet cable, this made no difference.  I also set up port forwarding on the router in case this was an issue but this has made no difference.

The Suresignal has been left for days in the hope that it would spring to life but it never has.

Can you help at all?  I have performed the various tests required and the results are here:

The issue you’re experiencing:
Constant flashing lights

What light sequence you're seeing:

Static power, other 2 constantly flash

Your speed test results from here.
Ping - 39mS
Download Speed - 5.92 Mbps
Upload speed - 0.35 Mbps

Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute.

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dsldevice.lan [192.168.1.254]
2 21 ms 24 ms 25 ms lo0-central10.pcl-ag08.plus.net [195.166.128.189]
3 22 ms 22 ms 21 ms link-a-central10.pcl-gw01.plus.net [212.159.2.188]
4 26 ms 20 ms 20 ms xe-9-1-0.pcl-cr01.plus.net [212.159.0.220]
5 21 ms 21 ms 20 ms ae1.ptw-cr01.plus.net [195.166.129.0]
6 23 ms 22 ms 23 ms lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
7 24 ms 21 ms 23 ms 85.205.0.93
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cineriv
16: Advanced member

Hi nige 1975,

Despite the fact that your power light is stable, you could possibly have a degraded power supply lead. But at this stage I couldn't be sure enough to say replace it.

If you have a 12V power unit that you borrow with at least a 1A capacity with the correct 5.5mm plug it would be a good way to confirm it.

The typical uses for such a unit are mains powered external drives, printers, monitor power units etc.etc.

Regards,

Mike.

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

cineriv

Hi nige 1975,

Despite the fact that your power light is stable, you could possibly have a degraded power supply lead. But at this stage I couldn't be sure enough to say replace it.

If you have a 12V power unit that you borrow with at least a 1A capacity with the correct 5.5mm plug it would be a good way to confirm it.

The typical uses for such a unit are mains powered external drives, printers, monitor power units etc.etc.

Regards,

Mike.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ Nige1975 Welcome to the eForum.

I can see that you’re Sure Signal is yet to make a connection on our network, since registering it on 17 October.

From the results provided your upload speed doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, for the Sure Signal to make a connection.

Please test the Sure Signal in a different location, so we can determine if you have a faulty device.

Is the v2 bandwidth requirement the same as the v3?  My device is a v2.

The suresignal has worked previously with no issue and I have never had a broadband connection with an upload speed near that.  Typically my upload speed is approximatly 0.3 Mbps due to me having ADSL and the distance which I am from the exchange, I don't have fibre.

I have ran tests again and the the download rate is 5.96 Mbps and upload is 0.36 Mbps.  The upstream rate IP profile of the line is 0.45 Mbps.

Looking at the traceroute results which I supplied can you confirm if you are seeing the expected results?  I would like to eliminate router configuration.  I will also take the device elsewhere and see what it does.

Thanks

@Nige1975

The bandwidth required for a v2 is less than the v3 as it doesn't have the same capability to handle as many calls.

The minimum upload speed required is 1Mbps, yours does appear to be quite low. I suggest contacting your internet service provider.

Your Sure Signal has still not connected to our servers. Please test it at a different location, as suggested by Rahim.

hello,

I have a problem with my suresignal where the mobile and the reception bar icons are flashing. (red power is on).

I have tried the ard reset with holding reset for 30 secs.

Please could you reset my device? serial number is : 40112881822 and the model is  = 9361 home cell v2-v

thanks

@schvervedemerv

I’ve re-synchronized the Sure Signal for you today. This may take up to 24hours to fully connect. During this time, please don't reset or unplug the Sure Signal.

After this time has passed, if you're still experiencing trouble please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

I have now had the Suresignal box connected to two different broadband connections, one with 100Mbps download and 5Mbps upload and the light still flash.  Can you assist any more?  Has it connected to your servers recently?

I see people are asking for their suresugnal boxes to be re-synchronised, can that be done with mine?

What other options are there?

Thanks

@Nige1975

I can see the last time your Sure Signal connected was the 16 October.

I’ve re-synchronized the device for you now. This may take up to 24 hours to fully connect. During this time, please don't reset or unplug the Sure Signal.

Once the above steps have been followed please perform a reset:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in

Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

If this doesn't work then your Sure Signal maybe faulty.

You can look into purchasing a new Sure Signal here.

Thanks.

The SS is still on a friends broadband connection and he hasn't informed me of any change with the lights, I can only assume it is faulty.

My contract with yourselves comes to an end later this year.  As there are other providers with better signal in my area and better deals I will move to them as it is more cost effective to do so as opposed to buying a replacement SS.  The SS was supplied free of charge by yourselves the last time I renewed my contract for the same reason, it was pointless continuing with Vodafone due to the poor signal in this area.