cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal v3 not working. Internet light flashing white, no power light

Hi

I have a Vodafone SureSignal v3 which has never worked.  It was purchased 27/09/14 (and I do realise I ought to have followed up sooner but have been away on holiday and time just seemed to pass without me noticing!).

• The red vertical strip power light does not come on at all.
  • The Internet icon is white and flashing.
  • The In Service and In Use lights are not on at all.

I have used a friend's SureSignal v3 at my home previously and it connected and synced up fine and I was able to make calls of it.  My home router is a BT HomeHub 4.0 Type A and my friend's SureSignal device worked without any special settings on my router.

Can you advise any additional steps I can take to try and get it to work, or if the unit is faulty can I exchange it via post rather than make another trip into the store which is not very close to me?

Thank you

Rebekah

7 REPLIES 7

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @RebekahGervaiseJones 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Thanks - here's the feedback requested

Troubleshooting thread - I wasn't able to follow any of the guides because my scenario doesn't match any of them.  To recap: 

• The red vertical power light is off.
  • The Internet icon is white and flashing.
  • The In Service and In Use lights are not on at all.

For the other tests & information requested, here you go:

Ookla Speedtest results

• Ping 23 ms
  • Download 6.73 Mbps
  • Upload 0.38 Mbps

Pingtest.net Ping Test Results

• Packet Loss - unable to test
  • Ping 18 ms
  • Jitter 4 ms

External IP Address

• Your IP Address is 86.137.33.200
  • Your IPV6 Address is ::ffff:5689:21c8

Traceroute results

• See attached screenshot, I couldn't get the text to copy and paste

SureSignal Serial Number

Thank you for your assistance

Rebekah

Hi Rebekah,

Thanks for posting back your results.

It looks like the Sure Signal hasn't had an IP assigned by your router. This is why it's not registered with us yet. I'd imagine the HomeHub is looking for your friend's Sure Signal instead!

If you chat to your ISP about opening up the following ports, this should sort it for you:

8 – TCP/UDP (All routers)
50 – TCP/UDP (All routers)
53 – TCP/UDP (Virgin Super Hubs)
67 – UDP (Virgin Super Hubs)
68 – UDP (Virgin Super Hubs)
123 – UDP (All routers)
500 – UDP (All routers)
1723 – TCP/UDP (BT Home Hubs)
4500 – UDP (All routers)
33434 – 33445 – UDP (Virgin Super Hubs)

Let me know how you get on or if they ask for any more details. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben

Hi,

I have checked all my home systems and have not made any changes.  I've attached screenshots to show you what I have found.  The SureSignal is still not working.

1. The router has an IP address assigned and has done so since I first got it.  It is one of the wired connections in port 3 of my HomeHub and I have attached a screenshot showing its MAC address and assigned IP address.

2. I had previously set up the port forwarding feature with the ports you list and I have attached a screenshot showing this.  I had done this before posting on this forum as my own attempt to fix the issue - however please note that when I had borrowed a friend's SureSignal v3 a number of months ago, I did NOT have these settings on and it did work.  So, my device now does not work either with the port forwarding rules off (as when I first got it) or with the port forwarding rules on (as when I was trying to fault find)

Is there anything else that I can try?

RebekahGJ

Just to repeat in case its helpful:

• The device I have has never worked for me since I first bought it - although another device of the same model did work at my house previously
  • The device I have does not have an illuminated power light although it's definitely powered on, as the first symbol is blinking.

Thank,

Rebekah

Hi

Please could I have some help on this?  Does it appear that the unit is faulty?

I understand that I may not be able to return it for a replacement due to low stock levels & a new version coming out next month, but can I send it off for repair or return it for replacement with the new version when it becomes available?

Regards

Rebekah GJ

Hi @RebekahGervaiseJones

Your Sure Signal hasn't been registered. 

You can find details on how to do this here

Thanks, 

Kay