Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal 1 and 2 not working for 4 weeks

pbickerd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

About 4 weeks ago my suresignal 1 that I have had for around 4 years just stopped working. It would not connect. I tried giving it a static IP and manually forwarding the ports which I had not needed to do before but that did not work. I also tried resetting the device following the procedure listed on the website but that did not work either. Nothing has changed with my internet connection or router, ive been with Pluset the whole time. I also have tried several different network cables and plugging them into different ports on the router. There is a link light with all cables on all ports, i dont think that is the issue. The suresignal (either of them) show up fine on the router so I can see they have been assigned an IP and they can be pinged on my local network.

My router is a Linksys X3000 running firmware v1.0.05 - the firmware was updated in the last couple of weeks but this was after the suresignal stopped working in an attempt to fix it.

I concluded that my old suresignal 1 - serial: 21222430452 was just broken, after all i'd had it a long time.

I cant get a new SureSignal 3 as my upload is 400k only, which is below the minimal. This new requirement seems a bit silly as the reason I have no phone signal is because I live in a rural area, where we also have poor upload/broadband.

I de-registered my sure signal 1.

I bought a de-registered Suresignal 2 from ebay - serial - 40123569010 and registered this. I got an SMS saying that it registered ok and all looks well with it on the website.

However it has the same problem, only the power light is on, it wont connect. I tried with it using DHCP, no port forwarding, tried with a static IP and port forwarding. Its not working. I have followed the reset procedure on various combinations above to give it a chance to connect.

With both the old and new one doing the same thing, I concluded it must be plusnet, i raised a ticket with them. They did say there were having issues with suresignal but after a week or so told me to reboot my router and it will be resolved - its not resolved, the suresignal 2 still only shows the power light.

I'm at a loss what to try next short of changing mobile provider as I cannot get any mobile signal tall in the house and havent for around a month now. Any suggestions most welcome.

Oh and heres a traceroute:

C:\Users\PaulA>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms    <1 ms     1 ms  POLICESURVEILLA [192.168.1.1]
  2    25 ms    28 ms    26 ms  lo0-central10.ptn-ag02.plus.net [195.166.128.191
]
  3    26 ms    26 ms    24 ms  link-a-central10.ptn-gw01.plus.net [212.159.2.13
2]
  4    29 ms    24 ms    27 ms  xe-1-2-0.ptw-cr01.plus.net [212.159.0.112]
  5    28 ms    26 ms    27 ms  ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]
  6    26 ms    26 ms    27 ms  85.205.0.93
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Im not sure where to turn next

19 REPLIES 19

Please note, these pictures are in addition to the above info, please read that too

This is what I have been getting despite setting the post code multiple times over.

ss-18dec.PNG

ss-24dec.PNG

ss-jan9.PNG

Something is amiss - please read the post above this for more info

Hi @pbickerd 

You'll need to contact your ISP (Internet service provider) and ensure they open the following ports on your router: 

• 8, 50, 53, 67, 68, 123, 500, 1723, 4500
  • Ports ranging between 33434 and 33445

Once you've done this you'll need to reset your Vodafone Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Rodney 

Hi Paul,

I've been watching this thread with interest and concluded that it appears everything has been tried without success except there has been no mention of the power supplies.

If this has already been tried, then I apologise for interrupting, but the symptoms you describe in post #4 are very similar to a power supply failing, the only light that appears to be working correctly is the power light which throws the user off the scent.

It could even be that both power supplies are faulty.  V1 power supplies are failing rapidly at the moment and V2 power supplies are not without their problems either.

More info about the problem here...... 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

It's worth a try as the correct power supplies are readily available and cheap (£3 -10) on the web.

Good luck,

Mike.

isp not relevent, sure signal service not working!!!!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mark1fish 

Please provide the info we've requested above so that we can take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks,

Sukhi

I`m having exactly same problem with my 2 v2 sure signals, phoned this afternoon , talked through reset and told all will be ok 24hrs later, have no, or limited sure signal since xmas, come on vodafone sort it out !!!!

Hi @mark1fish

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Rodney

JUST TELL ME THIS  I HAVE 2  SURE SIGNALS 1 WORKS THE OTHER WILL NOT, SO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CLOSED OR OPEN PORTS, THAT`S  A LOAD OF GUFF, SECONDLY THE ONE THAT DOES WORK WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO ADD NEW USERS, I HAVE HAD BOTH SURE SIGNALS FOR JUST OVER 2YEARS NOW AND HAVE WORKED FINE, APART FROM FIRMWARE/SOFTWARE UPDATES WHEN THE VODAFONE SURE SIGNAL SYSTEM WAS EITHER DOWN OR OUT. PLEASE JUST SAY  YOU HAVE PROBLEMS AND ARE WORKING ON IT AND WE BE BACK WORKING SOON INSTEAD OF RUNNING US THROUGH ENDLESS SYSTEM REBOOTS AND ESCALATION OF UPDATES, PLEASE CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHEN NORMAL SERVICE WILL RESUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had exactly the same issue for the same length of time and am at my wits end. Haven't even been able to get on the website until today. Trying mine at my other address but the sure signal page wont open so cannot proceed. FRUSTRATED OR WHAT !!!!

Hi @stephclemgray

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.1

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.