Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal 2 System & phone lights flashing after 24 hours

timmorris
4: Newbie
I'm disabled and live in a granny flat next to my brother. I had a SureSignal (now 2 - the suresignal 1 failed) installed a year ago on our broadband connection. My brother moved to VF three weeks ago. The house is large and we had to get some cables pulled yesterday from the switch in our loft to connect the SureSignals. 40120149238 - SureSignal is being configured since 1200 on Tuuesday both lights still flashing 40120149246 - SureSignal configured inside a couple of hours Is a re-sync in order Tim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

timmorris
I finally fixed this issue some time ago but forgot to post the solution. The fix was quick and easy. De-register, and then re-register the device.

All working inside 30 minutes.

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

It hasn't - both lights still flashing

Hi timmorris,

Many thanks for getting back to us.

Looking at the Sure Signal and the responses already given it does lead me to believe that it is the Sure Signal that is faulty.

The best way to find out for sure would be to test this on a different connection however, given the current situation I do understand that this may not be possible.

So that we can look at getting the unit replaced for you I have sent you a quick PM with details on how to get in touch with our team directly where we will then be able to contact you and discuss this further.

Please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I'll contact you directly - I can think of a few things we can do - I need to upgrade the switch in the loft that both the new SureSignals connect to anyway - am upgrading our access points from Linksys 4400Ns to Apple Airport Extremes each of which has a 3 port switch in and I can get someone in to do the legwork for me on Tuesday.

Thanks for the help, if I identify the issue then I'll post it back here.

It would be so much better if there was either a Suresignal configuration tool or an embedded web page. I'm not the first to have asked..//

While I'm on the subject I see that the Suresignal doesn't support PPPoE. I'm learning about the airport extreme. As I see it I have two choices: Use my current Thomson 516 router in bridged mode, plugged into the WAN ports of one of the 3 or 4 Airport Extremes to my existing Zen connection. (does that count as a PPPoA or a PPPoE connection?), or And this one will need the expertise of someone who understands the Airport Extreme well, ignore all of the WAN connections, use the 516 as a router as it is at the moment, and just use the WAP functions of the Apples, I seem to be among a number of IT pros who I the past quarter have gone from using an iPhone, added an iPad then added an iPad, a Mac Book Pro (the 15" with a 2.2Gig i7 Quad Core puts most W7 desktops to shame), to going the whole hog and ditching the Small Business & Exchange Server and replacing that with Apple's iCloud. I'm speccing up a ReadyNAS for use with TimeMachine and have claimed back a huge number of hours that weren't spent managing and maintaining IT kit. Apart from looking pretty the Apple,stuff just works together. As regarding the router the former option, just using the Thomsom as a bridged PPPoE to PPPoA modem and using the built in router functions of the Apples would make life easy. Bring me a Carlsberg! Tim

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi timmorris

Thank you for your posts.

There are a number of Airport Extreme configuration setups within the Sure Signal forum, all you need to do from here is search airport extreme and take a look at one that has been resolved successfully.

Let us know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

@DaveCD wrote:

Hi timmorris

Thank you for your posts.

There are a number of Airport Extreme configuration setups within the Sure Signal forum, all you need to do from here is search airport extreme and take a look at one that has been resolved successfully.

Let us know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Thanks,

I'm sure I'll be able to get it working. I just want to work out how before I put a spec together and order the networking infrastructure kit. We might want to add a further SureSignal or 2 (so we may have a total of 5!) to ensure we have blanket coverage). I'm sure the next firmware update will give us PPPoE connection to the net from the SureSignal - it will be needed for fibre to the doorstep. I spoke to Zen on Friday and it doesn't look like we'll get 21CN DSL until 2014 so I'm getting quotes in for 10Mbit ethernet - needed for the uplink connection to the cloud. £600 a month!

@James wrote:

Hi timmorris,

Many thanks for getting back to us.

Looking at the Sure Signal and the responses already given it does lead me to believe that it is the Sure Signal that is faulty.

The best way to find out for sure would be to test this on a different connection however, given the current situation I do understand that this may not be possible.

So that we can look at getting the unit replaced for you I have sent you a quick PM with details on how to get in touch with our team directly where we will then be able to contact you and discuss this further.

Please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I haven't ignored your post, but we do have coverage in about 50% of the main house, 100% in my annexe and most importantly 100% in the office. I've just replaced the crappy 5 port Belkin hub in my annexe which houses the server with a Netgear Prosafe 8 Port switch, and now have 3 ports spare. A working SureSignal 2 is plugged into it so I am secure that it is connected properly to the outside world. I'll try the supposedly faulty SureSignal and report back.

Tim

timmorris
I finally fixed this issue some time ago but forgot to post the solution. The fix was quick and easy. De-register, and then re-register the device.

All working inside 30 minutes.