Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal 2 System & phone lights flashing after 24 hours

timmorris
4: Newbie
I'm disabled and live in a granny flat next to my brother. I had a SureSignal (now 2 - the suresignal 1 failed) installed a year ago on our broadband connection. My brother moved to VF three weeks ago. The house is large and we had to get some cables pulled yesterday from the switch in our loft to connect the SureSignals. 40120149238 - SureSignal is being configured since 1200 on Tuuesday both lights still flashing 40120149246 - SureSignal configured inside a couple of hours Is a re-sync in order Tim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

timmorris
4: Newbie
I finally fixed this issue some time ago but forgot to post the solution. The fix was quick and easy. De-register, and then re-register the device.

All working inside 30 minutes.

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

Retired-AndyD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tim,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Andy

It doesn't show anything for system light and phone light flashing together in the troubleshooting thread. I did check there first but just went back there to make sure I'm not going mad.

Any answers? Should I try a factory reset?

philip42h
16: Advanced member

Tim,

It might be worth stating clearly what has changed here - i.e. what the configuration was and now is. I get the impression you had one SS working and have now done some cabling, re-sited the original SS and added a second SS to the same broadband service. Is it something like this?

Did you do any router configuration / port forwarding in order to get the original SS working?

Philip

I had one SS 2 in place which is unchanged. I added two cables to a switch and added 2 addititional SS. There are only a maximum of 3 phones used simultaneously via a Thomson Speedtouch 516 router which self configured via uPNP with one and 3 SS connected. Two configured themselves automatically. One of the SS added on Tuesday still has two lights flashing which indicates it is still undergoing VPN configuration.

philip42h

Well that pretty much crushes my train of thought :Smiling:

Since you have two SS working it isn't likely to be a router configuration issue per se. I guess that the router could be able to cope with two VPN connections but not three but that comes pretty close to making up theories to fit the facts.

Obvious things to check [that you've probably already considered / done]

• I assume that you've already checked that the cable is good?
  • Try swapping the new SS boxes around - i.e. connect the non-working one in place of a working one. Does it work now?
  • Connect a working one in place of the non-working one. Does that work?

While this is unlikely to solve the problem as such it may help to narrow it down a bit.

Philip

Thanks. It would be nice to get a reply from the VF team. They must be all asleep. I have a cable working connected to another switch, and a spare SS. I can try plugging the new one in there. I'll try a factory reset first. That often fixes things. I'd guess that if the SS is able to obtain an IP address via DHCP then the cable is OK.

Is the Vodafone tech team watching this thread? If so can they re-sync the SS with the lower serial number please, and post here when done?

Tim

Hey timmorris,

Don't worry, we had an eye on your thread but you'd been getting such excellent advice from philip42h that we needn't have intervened until we'd got a fuller picture of the issue :Winking_smiley:

I'll address each VSS in turn as it's getting me confused!

40120149238 - This VSS is showing as registered but has yet to connect to our servers since you registered it on the 20th. By now you should see a steady power light unless the VSS is still downloading a profile. If it still has the two flashing lights then I'd have to assume it has become faulty as these symptoms should last a maximum of 24 hours.

40120149246 - This one looks to be set up fine. I can see you registered it at about the same time and can see it's made a connection to the servers this morning at 00:16.

I've forced a resync on both units for you. Please could you factory reset the one that's giving you trouble and let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Lee

I cant physically reach the unit that is giving trouble. I talked my brother through a full factory reset at about 1300 on the 26th. He isn't in today, have you seen a change at your end? It went to two flashing lights soon after which if I understand the boot process means it re-acquired the IP address via DHCP - the TTL is set to 14 days, so the IP Address would have been held for the MAC address. 49238 was showing as two lights flashing - the other two SS units I have connected to the same router via different switches are flawless. I'd appreciate if you could check for me and email the address on my account to let me know the status. The fact that I run IT for a SOHO on multiple levels and am in a wheelchair means I need a little extra help - which I believe you are committed to providing as an organisation. I can call you to chat if required as I have unlimited on-net calls. I moved from Orange to VF for SureSignal a year ago, and my brother moved 4 phones across 4 weeks ago. 2 belong to his children who now live in Clapham and are only both here together infrequently. We have 6 numbers registered to each unit, one belongs to his business partner who is here for two hours a fortnight, so the likelihood of trying to make 4 simultaneous calls is slim. The cabinet is 500m from the exchange and the pole outside the house is 150m from the cabinet - I can give you more detail on a one to one basis. I've checked with the engineer that ran the CAT 5 cable and he pair checked it before connecting it in. It may have now connected, I just wanted to give you as much information as you are likely to need in case it hasn't 😉 Tim