Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal 2 booster box not working

babycl
2: Seeker

Hi, I've had my sure signal box for a while and had no problems. The last few days i have had no signal at home. I have tried resetting the box twice, turning my phone off and on, taking my sim out etc but nothing has worked. The red light is on and the white light next to it. My phone is synced with the box but for some reason its just not working. Can anyone help?? 

17 REPLIES 17

babycl
Red light is on. Next white light is one. That's it. Still no signal.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi babycl,

Thanks for this.

Is it possible for you to try the Sure Signal at a friend or family member's house?

Thanks

Ian

Does this really have to be going on this long now?? I did the reset as requested, i did all the tests as requested, i un registered and re registered as requested. Now im expected to go to someone elses house and try it there?! Can we not just come to the conclusion that this signal box is not working as it should, that this has caused me to have no signal for over a week (and when i say no i mean NO) which means i have no way to contact anybody and nobody can contact me (we have no land line) which means my sons school and my twins preschool have no way to contact me in an emergancy - which did happen this week as i said before. Instead of all this messing around with try this and try that (we've tried them and it still doesnt work), can you please just send out a new box to myself so i can actually use the call time and messages that i am paying for. Or is the next idea going to be "can you fly to the satelite in space and see if thats working?! I hope to hear from you soon 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi babycl

I understand that when you have no means to call it can be frustrating, but unless we try all the troubleshooting, we're unable to say whether it is the box that's at fault, and a new one still might not make any difference.

If you've not been able to use your phone at all, of course we'll take a look for you once it's been resolved; you'll just need to contact us here.

DaveCD

right, so when you say take it to someones house do you mean just to plug it in there or to deregister it at this house and then re register it there?

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi babycl,

You don't need to deregister it, although you may need to update the postcode if you get any alerts saying it's moved.

I'd also reset it when you connect there so it picks everything up. These amended steps have been seen to help in some cases:

• Unplug the ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

Dave

Hi, i have moved it to a family member house, done all thats been said and it still is not working. 

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi babycl,

In that case, it looks like it's a fault with your Sure Signal.

Don't worry though. You can arrange a repair in store or over the phone on 191. Details on how to request a repair can be found here.

Cheers, Ben