Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal 2 can receive calls but not make any

JBe11
2: Seeker

Hi Team, I have had this surecell for about 6 months and it has suddenly stopped allowing calls to be made, I can however, Receive calls. When making a call, it makes the connection then the call drops out. I have so far: Contacted the support teams via telephone on FOUR seperate occasions within the last 48hrs, each time I have followed thier advice advising it will all be ok after an hour or so following reset or surecell, remote refresh by them, Turning the phone off, trying another SIM etc etc etc. Nothing is working and I still have this phone on contract which I cannot fully utilise and it is potentially financially damaging for my circumstances. Physically there appears to be nothing wrong, this is borne by the fact I can receive callls. I have read previous threads and have an empathy with them, I dont really know where to go next, all the numbers I ring say they are busy and cannot answer calls. can somebody pleeeeaaaassssssssssssee help me ! I am happy to give my number for you to review the status but not sure if it should be on here ? Ohh, forgot to say, I received a txt asking me to ring 192 followed by option 2 and 2....from the desks......do they actually get whats going on....I cannot make calls.

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Speed: 15.27 download
0.40 upload

Ping: line quality F*
Ping: 792 ms
Jitter: 83 ms

IP  86.27.96.133

IPV6    ::ffff:561b:6085

Serial Number: 40134723499

Traceroute:

C:\Users\Tom>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1   256 ms   148 ms    22 ms  10.141.108.1
  2   129 ms    28 ms    11 ms  leic-core-2a-ae7-1544.network.virginmedia.net [8
2.3.36.81]
  3   196 ms    89 ms    33 ms  leed-bb-1c-ae5-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253
.174.113]
  4    21 ms    25 ms    24 ms  62.252.224.238
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JBe11, 

Your internet connection is dropping out before it hits our servers which is why it isn't working.  

You'll need to speak to your internet service provider so they can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Thanks for your reply but that does not add up, On saturday I added a new user to the surecell.....They were able to connect and make calls through it no problem at all. I then removed one of the numbers on the account and re-added it, This made no difference, So with three phones in the same vicinity only the newly added one could make a call, two galaxy S4,s one ending in 857 and one ending in 868 though registered were still unable to make a call via the surecell. I dont get your explanation really, if the phones can receive incoming calls then clearly the surecell is hitting your server, in addition to this a newly added person could make a call, so It needs further explanation please. I will contact my internet provider but I am leaning towards SIM card issues at the mo.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JBe11,

Whilst the new phone worked when tested, looking at your traceroute above, we can see that this isn’t reaching our serve. Also, the ping result’s very high and the upload speed is low.

This is definitely something you need to speak with your ISP (internet service provider) as Kay advised above.

Thanks,

Jenny

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JBe11,

If you can let us have the information Matt asked for, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Ian

JBe11
Jenny. I can see the tracer out stats may indicate this..but 5 hat could be for a number of reasons. I have contacted our is and they say the had throttled back my service due to overuse. This did not really add up but have now rest the router hub as per their instructions. I connected sure cell to a different ether net port and tried the two phones again....One worked for 2 calls outbound before stopping again...The other had the same result as before. I contacted the desk again....They agreed that after reviewing sim card updates were not working on the phone ending in 868...and had not for some time so a new sim is on its way. my question for you is...do sure cells use a different route/channel for incoming and outgoing calls.? its very strange that only outgoing calls are affected so I'm assuming this to be on the up link which is not affected by my is throttling back my download. ? If the sim change does not work...what's the next step ? phones work...albeit on a poor signal with sure cell off. I will try the tracer out again before I reply to your next response but I don't see how this works for a newly added phone and not others....clearly that call is hitting your server.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JBe11,

Once the new SIM is registered to your mobile, you'll need to remove the number from the Sure Signal, factory reset it, then add the number back.

There's a help video that covers how to do that here.

Thanks,

Ian