Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal 3 problem - all lights flashing then dead

a4c
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Please can someone from vodafone check to see whats happened to my suresignal...

The issue you’re experiencing:

No phone signal so checked the suresignal and saw all (red plus all amber) lights flashing. Unplugged, and waited a few minutes before plugging back in; no lights at all... Tried again after half an hour unlugged. still no lights at all.

What light sequence you're seeing: Initially all lights flashing,then after unplugging and restarting = no lights at all.

Your speed test results from here: 35ms ping, 16mb down, 0.95mb up

Your external IP address from here: 89.241.152.255

Your Sure Signal serial number: 40131558377

The results of a traceroute:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
2 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms host-89-241-144-1.as13285.net [89.241.144.1]
3 21 ms 20 ms 19 ms host-78-151-225-169.static.as13285.net [78.151.2
25.169]
4 23 ms 24 ms 22 ms host-78-151-225-241.static.as13285.net [78.151.2
25.241]
5 24 ms 24 ms 23 ms host-78-144-11-67.as13285.net [78.144.11.67]
6 23 ms 24 ms 23 ms host-78-144-12-172.as13285.net [78.144.12.172]
7 27 ms 26 ms 27 ms LDNGW1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]
8 25 ms 24 ms 25 ms 85.205.0.93
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.

There are no problems with the network at all...

There is power to the suresignal...

It's a v3...

please help, I need to log into work...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@a4c

If none of the lights on the front of the Sure Signal come on, it sounds like there's a hardware fault with the device.

We'll be happy to take a look at this for you, please see our repair process for more information regarding this.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything looks ok but I would suggest trying to restart your router.

The reason I am suggesting this is that it'll restart all of the processes on the router.

Sometimes you get what is referred to as a stale session on ADSL if the connection has been up for a long period of time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rebooted the router; suresignal still dead.. :smileysad:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Needs them to check the server end then.

Not likely to happen tonight though.

Sorry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, tried the reset procedure too... no luck...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call to Customer Service in the morning or wait for the tech team to arrive here.

If they flash on and then all go off sounds like it could be a problem with the hardware.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@a4c

If none of the lights on the front of the Sure Signal come on, it sounds like there's a hardware fault with the device.

We'll be happy to take a look at this for you, please see our repair process for more information regarding this.

The 'repair process' link above doesn't work. I don't have enough privilages?

I recieved my first box a few days ago. V3 with all lights flashing together. The red power light and 3 orange symbols. The supplied instructions clearly state it's a hardware failure. However the online guide shows about half a dozen other states, but not this one. So customer services don't understand. They say the box hasn't appeared on the network. They say it's a network problem. I say, but you probably won't see it, it's dead. It's also capable of telling me it's a network problem. But it's not. It says it's dead.

Now I'm in reciept of a load of numbers I need to speak with the isp about. Instruction to turn it off and on again. The proverbial walk down the garden path. It's not my isp though, it's a friends Virgin Media where I visit a lot. A friend close to joining if the box works, though now somewhat detured.

It's dead isn't it. The whole thing is a waste of my time. I need a new one and they just don't understand?

I wish the link worked. At least something would be working then..

Customer service is as much use here then.

I found online that the reset button has a more profound effect if you hold it about 15 seconds. It switches the box off. Then a second tap powers it up again, needing to do the initial 20mins-24hour wait again. It functioned perfectly. Putting on the power light and connection light until the 20 minutes passed by. Then it came online working properly. 

So.. V3 with all 4 lights flashing is a hardware fault, but one a reset may fix as it did for me.

Thank you to the 120 thread viewers so far. If a vodafone rep passes, please inform the sure signal team that reading the instructions would be educational. Also, the help section on this forum has pictures of the possible fault codes, except the hardware failure code which can be found in the manual