Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal Broken and needs resynch

solvetech
4: Newbie

Hi

I have gone thru the troubleshooting guides. Tried resetting the box etc but I do not get the normal lights showing - just the power light.

I need this resynching please. I have no phone signal at all so messaging will not get to me.

Serial number is 21196952341

65 REPLIES 65

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

I have run all of the tests successfully apart from TRACERT which fails to the IP you specified.

tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
ver a maximum of 30 hops:

1     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 2     *        *        *     Request timed out.

etc

TRACERT 212.183.133.177 produces request timed out is this the correct IP address? I am not blocking TRACERT.

The Suresignal was working yesterday and there have been no network changes here.

I have checked our firewall which has a rule allowing all external access to the SureSignal box for the Vodafone protocols and this has been happily working for many years

As I say it was working yesterday

External IP is 159.253.167.210

I gave the serial number in the original post

Speedtest attached

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi solvetech,

Your speed tests are fine and your IP is whitelisted.

If you can’t perform a traceroute at all then there’s either an ISP issue or the device no longer works.

I’ve performed a resync for you anyway and it’ll need a factory reset as follows:

•          Unplug the ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  •          Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  •          Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  •          Once the lights come back on, release the button
  •          Plug the cable back in
  •          Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

If this doesn’t work, test the Sure Signal at another location. It may need repair.

Thanks,

Simon

I asked my ISP to run some tests from outside my network using TRACERT to the IP address I was given which was 212.183.133.177.

They tested both on their own SharedBand system and also on three completely seperate ISP leased lines and the result was that the IP 212.183.133.177 does not respond at all to any TRACERT or PING commands. If the IP is up at your end then you must be blocking them.

I have also tested from outside our firewall and got the same result. All of which says either 212.183.133.177 is not active or that Vodafone are blocking my IP.

Can you:-

1. Verify 212.183.133.177 is the correct IP and is working

2. Double check my IP range is not being blocked (This would appear most likely). My IP range is small and is from 159.253.167.208 to 159.253.167.218. The default outgoing IP is 159.253.167.210

I can confirm the SureSignal still does not work which is understandable given it cannot contact the Vodafone network. We need to get TRACERT working before we look at the SureSignal box as the cause.

Hi solvetech,

I've checked your IP range and can confirm that they all appear on our whitelist.

If the Sure Signal hasn't worked at a different location, you'll need to arranger a repair.

If you've had the Sure Signal for longer than two years - you'll need to purchase a new one.

Thanks,

Matt B

Please respond directly to the issue which is that tracert cannot see your servers either from this site or any other. If tracert cannot see them then no wonder SureSignal does not work.

If this is not addressed I will cancel my contract because my mobile is of no use with no signal

Hi solvetech,

If the traceroute can't see either of the servers from a number of locations, it indicates a fault with the Sure Signal itself.

That's why I've recommended a repair/new Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Matt B

Sorry Matt but that makes no sense to me because I am not using the SureSignal to run the TRACERT command. I am running it from a computer - several actually. None of the computers get a response from a TRACERT. The SureSignal box does not come into the equation yet.

The TRACERT command needs to work before we can look at the SureSignal box as a cause.