Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal Service Status / Suresignal V1 offline for last few days

kristianheath
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've got a sure signal V1 (Serial 21197094010). Had previously been working pretty well over the last few weeks and months but hasn't been working now for the last 2 or 3 days. The symptom of the problem is that I'm not getting the full 3G signal, from the suresignal, that I would expect under normal circumstances. Also, the lights on the front instead of being 1,2,4 all on solid instead are varying between 1on only, 1on+2on only, 1on+2flashing or 1on+2on+4flashing.

I've tried simplying restarting it.

I've tried restarting it whilst having the reset button push-in (as per instructions here)

Have run broadband speed checker. I have 50Mbps down, 15mbps up

My public IP is currently

My ISP is BT Open Reach and I seem to get allocated an address from their DHCP pool(s) rather than having a static address. Using Homehub v3.

Trace route to 212.183.133.181 reports:

C:\Users\Administrator>tracert 212.183.133.181

Tracing route to 212.183.133.181 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.254
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * 8 ms 31.55.187.217
4 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 31.55.187.216
5 7 ms 7 ms 9 ms core3-hu0-1-0-0.faraday.ukcore.bt.net [195.99.12
7.32]
6 9 ms * 8 ms peer1-xe8-1-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.2
54.181]
7 10 ms 11 ms 11 ms lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
8 10 ms 22 ms * 85.205.0.93
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

The Dashboard for this sure signal on My Vodafone login says 'active'.

I've not changed ISP (in years). I've not changed router (in years)

Help please!

Is there a general sure signal service status available to the public/vodafone customers instead of posting questions on this forum?

Regards,

Kris.

10 REPLIES 10

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kristianheath,

It could be that your Sure Signal has developed a fault.

Please try the Sure Signal in a different location and let us know if it successfully connects or not.

Thanks,

Matt B

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't clear from your response the context of a different location. So, I tried another location on my network switch and also another location in my house - both to no avail, with same error symptoms. I'll be trying another physical location early this week.

Any feedback you can offer from Vodafone's sure signal monitoring system though? Feels like I'm fumbling in the dark on this one at the moment...

If this has gone faulty, what are my options? Do you offer a repair service?

Thanks,
Kris.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kristianheath.

When advised of a different location, Matt meant at a friend or family members, preferably with a different ISP.

If the device is under warranty, we'll be able to look at a repair option. 

Let us know how you get on.

DaveCD

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be trying the sure signal on a different network, still BT though I'm afraid although different router hardware, early this week. Will advise the results.

I bought this back when iPhone 3GS was the latest iPhone, so a good few years back! Unless there is an exceptional length warranty on these then I guess I'm not covered. What are the options then...any paid-for alternatives or help that Vodafone can offer?

I was at my parents today who also have a v1 sure signal. I noticed that their unit was only displaying lights 1+2 on (with no 3G signal available) but previously has been fine. So, it seems a bit coincidental that both are suffering similar problems at same time. Have there been any changes on vodafone's part recently that might be affecting v1 owners that might be symptomatic of what we're seeing? I am registered as an admin on their unit, so there is a tangible link between these two sure signals. Any brainwaves appreciated....

Regards,
Kris.

Matt,

Tried the sure signal at the office and it shows the same problem.

We have a sure signal V2 at work and it is working fine but I noticed a flurry of postings on the forum over the weekend and last few days of other V1 owners with similar and identical problems to mine.

There were comments from the various moderators about sending down latest firmware to the respective V1 units. Is this an option worth investigating?

Regards,

Kris.

Hi Kris,

As the Sure Signal is not connecting through to our servers, we can't see the relevant firmware version.

Please let us know how the Sure Signal works in another location as I suspect it could be faulty.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt,

As per my previous post, I'm currently at the office and have brought the sure signal with me. It is displaying the same issues as when at home.

If it is faulty and the warranty has expired (what is the warranty period on these units?) then what are the options? Is there a repair service, for instance?

Regards,

Kris.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Kris,

As the cost of repairs was similar to the price of a new unit, we no longer offer repairs through 191 or the stores.

Was the Sure Signal connected for more than an hour when you were at the office? 

Cheers, 

Ben

Hi Ben & all

Thanks for another reply. Good to know what the options are and to answer your question, Yes, the unit was online for an hour (around 3 actually) before I drew the same conclusion.

However, it occured to me that perhaps the power supply was fault rather than the Sure Signal itself. I've since connected it up to a compatible 12v 1.5A power supply and it is now working! In fact, I searched on google for sure signal replacement power supply and one of the first suggestions was a link to another thread on this forum where the user had had the same problem and have resolved with a 3rd party power supply. S0d's law, of course, that I only found this after I'd drawn the same conclusion!

I would really like to see replacing the power supply as another suggestion for troubleshooting this device (and maybe the v2 version too) on the sticky thread here to save others time and anguish in future too.

Thanks to all again for all the help.

Regards,

Kris.