Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal V.1 stopped working, all lights OK

oliber
3: Seeker

I've had a suresignal v.1 since they first came out, and for the most part it's worked well. However for the last 3 months it's been losing the 4th light, which a reset usually sorts out. But now despite having lights 1,2 and 4 on, it's not accepting any calls from registered phones. I've tried a hard reset, and deregistering the phones and the device itself, but no joy. Without the suresignal I have no service at all inside the house, so this is a real problem. I would buy a new one if I thought this would resolve the matter, but don't want to spend money unnecessarily. I've got BT Infinity, which is great (usually about 30mbit download), and they have worked together for over 2 years with no problem. Any ideas what to do?

BTW the vodafone security method of sending a text with a code before you can log on is a real problem now, as I can't get the text!

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello.

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@oliber

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Speedtest: Ping: 31

Download speed: 47.44

Upload speed: 12.33

Pingtest: Ping: 31ms

Jitter: 6ms

Grade: B*

External IP: 86.158.212.20

v6: ::ffff:569e:d414

Tracert:

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms 31.55.187.188
5 12 ms 11 ms 16 ms 195.99.127.26
6 13 ms 13 ms 14 ms host213-121-193-203.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.193.203]
7 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms 166-49-211-230.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.230]
8 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms 166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Suresignal S/N 21223475985

Thanks

Any joy? it's gone very quiet!

oliber
Anyone help me with this problem?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@oliber I can see that your Vodafone Sure Signal connected today - please can you let us know if you're still having issues?

Hi Natasha, I've just looked at it (10.05) and only the top two lights were on. I've just done a reset and now lights 1,2 and 4 are on, but phones will not connect. So I'm still having a problem

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@oliber

I've processed a resync of your Sure Signal. Please wait 6 hours before resetting the device.

Let us know how you get on. 

@ChazzD that seems to have done the trick - I restarted everything, router, suresignal and phones and the phones got a full signal. However the suresignal has dropped the connection since (4th light off) after 12 hours of proper functioning, and required a reset, which resulted in normal service being resumed. This is what's been happening for some time, once or twice daily. Still, for now, I can use my phone!

Thanks for your help